Senior Search Ranking Engineer
Etsy, San Francisco, CA
Peer-to-peer e-commerce website focused on handmade or vintage items and supplies
About the Role
- Improve our machine-learned ranking with better feature engineering, modeling, and training data collection.
- Develop query understanding tools, including query expansion, entity recognition, and natural language understanding.
- Develop document understanding tools to automatically extract structure from free-text product descriptions.
- Build features that support exploratory search, such as search results diversification, faceted search, and suggested search queries.
- Deliver personalized search experiences via a combination of explicit and inferred user preferences.
- Use multimodal deep learning to combine our text and image data to deliver the best possible search experience.
- MS/PhD in Computer Science or related technical field or BS with 2+ years of applied ranking or machine learning experience
- You’ve worked on problems in our space, ideally (but not necessarily) on search in the context of e-commerce or a marketplace
- You’re familiar with the different parts of the search stack and understand how data, infrastructure, and user experience interact with ranking.
- You enjoy an experiment-driven approach to product development
- You have experience applying information retrieval and machine learning to real-world problems
Etsy is a marketplace where people around the world connect, both online and offline, to make, sell and buy unique goods.
The heart and soul of Etsy is our global community: the creative entrepreneurs who use Etsy to sell what they make or curate, the shoppers looking for things they can’t find anywhere else, the manufacturers who partner with Etsy sellers to help them grow, and the Etsy employees who maintain and nurture our marketplace.
Want to learn more about Etsy? Visit https://www.etsy.com/
Jobs You May Like
Senior Data Scientist
HotelTonight, San Francisco, CA
Engineering Program Manager (Software Applications)
Essential Products, Palo Alto, CA
Culture Amp, Melbourne
Application Engineer- Full Stack
Origami Logic, Mountain View, CA
Software Engineer - Greenplum Database - Palo Alto
Pivotal Software, Palo Alto, California
Full Stack Web Developer
CipherHealth, New York