Senior Software Engineer
Etsy, Brooklyn, NY
Peer-to-peer e-commerce website focused on handmade or vintage items and supplies
- You're a software engineer with a background in distributed systems like Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, or ElasticSearch.
- You understand the difference between a script that runs locally and a functioning production system, and you have the judgement to decide when it's worth the time to build the latter.
- You're excited about Etsy’s marketplace and want to discover new ways to improve it through the use of data. We like candidates who are curious, enthusiastic, responsible, and generous.
- You understand that being an effective software engineer is as much about communicating with people as it is about writing code.
- You can write maintainable, idiomatic code in multiple languages, including one JVM-based language.
- You are capable of successfully building and evaluating a proof of concept using open source software.
- You have hands on experience working with data processing platforms like Hadoop, Kafka, Storm, and Spark.
- You can function as a developer evangelist, promoting and explaining our tools to other engineers from around the company.
Etsy is a marketplace where people around the world connect, both online and offline, to make, sell and buy unique goods.
The heart and soul of Etsy is our global community: the creative entrepreneurs who use Etsy to sell what they make or curate, the shoppers looking for things they can’t find anywhere else, the manufacturers who partner with Etsy sellers to help them grow, and the Etsy employees who maintain and nurture our marketplace.
Want to learn more about Etsy? Visit https://www.etsy.com/
Jobs You May Like
Enterprise Tech Support Advisor
Repair Technicians (Mobile Phones + Tablets)
Sr. Front End Engineer - Programmable Contact Center
Twilio, Tallinn, Estonia
Sr. Technical Program Manager, Security & Tooling Automation
Box, Redwood City, CA
Entry-Level Cognitive Process Transformation Consultant (Public Sector)
IBM, Washington, D.C.
Senior / Principal Software Engineer - DevOps
Helix, San Carlos