Data Scientist, Quantitative Insights (Brooklyn or SF)
Etsy, Brooklyn, NY
Peer-to-peer e-commerce website focused on handmade or vintage items and supplies
What We’re Working On:
- Hypothesis Testing
- Causal Inference
- Experimental Design
- Observational Study
- Time Series Analysis
Who You Are:
- You share our values (below) and are looking for a company that has a solid mission.
- You have strong analytical and quantitative skills. You are familiar with techniques in Statistics, Causal Inference, Time Series Analysis, Observational Study, Hypothesis Testing and Experimental Designs or related fields.
- You have a Ph.D. degree or Master degree in Statistics, Biostatistics, Economics, Computational Biology, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or related fields.
- You have strong technical and programming skills. You are familiar with relevant technologies and languages (e.g. R, Python and etc.). You have experience in or desire to learn Hadoop/Vertica related Big Data technologies.
- You have demonstrated the capability to review and write technical papers.
- You can contribute to research that can be applied to Etsy products.
- You have the ability to quickly prototype ideas and solve complex problems by adapting creative approaches.
- You are a strong collaborator and communicator and you make the engineers around you grow and learn.
What We Care About:
- Curiosity and humility. We are dedicated to learning and constantly improving. We hope you also value things like blameless postmortems and have a natural drive to figure out how everything works.
- Keeping it real. Etsy’s mission and values are a part of everything we do. We care about how our work affects real people in the community and enjoy opportunities to meet them. We are motivated by this mission every day.
Etsy is a marketplace where people around the world connect, both online and offline, to make, sell and buy unique goods.
The heart and soul of Etsy is our global community: the creative entrepreneurs who use Etsy to sell what they make or curate, the shoppers looking for things they can’t find anywhere else, the manufacturers who partner with Etsy sellers to help them grow, and the Etsy employees who maintain and nurture our marketplace.
Want to learn more about Etsy? Visit https://www.etsy.com/
Jobs You May Like
Voice of the Customer Data & Reporting Specialist
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Senior Machine Learning Scientist, Content Development
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Pinterest, San Francisco
Product Data Scientist, Analytics
Venmo, New York
Manager, Monetization Analytics - Dropbox Business
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA
Customer Experience Business Analyst
Airbnb, Portland, OR