User Experience Researcher - Seller Insights
Etsy, Brooklyn, NY
Peer-to-peer e-commerce website focused on handmade or vintage items and supplies
About the Role:
- This is an opportunity to contribute to the research practice for our growing and rapidly evolving online marketplace.
- Partner with product managers, designers and marketers to define project scopes and carry out research, drawing on a range of user research methods and UX best practices.
- Recruit for and conduct on-site, remote, and in-field user research studies with Etsy sellers
- Provide usability assessments (e.g., heuristic evaluations) for products under development
- Work closely with other researchers and data analysts to develop holistic approaches to meeting stakeholder needs
- Share tangible findings and prioritized recommendations with the teams on a regular basis, making connections between seller needs and Etsy’s business goals and priorities
- Manage third-party research vendors as necessary
- Evangelize user research best practices across the company
- You know how to conduct professional-quality user experience research, incorporating both qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Have 2-4 years’ experience conducting user experience research, employing methods such as user interviews, contextual inquiry, journey mapping, participatory design, and usability testing
- Preferred: experience with SQL, Qualtrics, remote testing tools, experiment design
- Are comfortable with the logistical challenges and workflows of recruiting for research
- You work well with others, and have solid instincts about when to hold the line on methodological rigor, and when to adapt to the changing demands of a project.
- You approach your work with a genuine sense of curiosity and you’re willing to challenge conventional wisdom to find the right answer.
- Can demonstrate an understanding of a range of user research methods and a solid grasp of contemporary trends in Web and app design
- Can hold your own in a meeting and present with a customer-centric point of view
- Are self-motivated, detail-oriented and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
Etsy is a marketplace where people around the world connect, both online and offline, to make, sell and buy unique goods.
The heart and soul of Etsy is our global community: the creative entrepreneurs who use Etsy to sell what they make or curate, the shoppers looking for things they can’t find anywhere else, the manufacturers who partner with Etsy sellers to help them grow, and the Etsy employees who maintain and nurture our marketplace.
Want to learn more about Etsy? Visit https://www.etsy.com/
Jobs You May Like
Head of Marketing Analytics
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Ads Measurement Lead (West)
Pinterest, San Francisco
Analytics Engineer, Marketing
TripAdvisor, Needham, MA
Palantir Technologies, Washington, D.C.
Growth Data Analyst
Senior HR Systems Business Analyst
Zuora, San Mateo, CA