User Experience (UX) Researcher, Buyer Insights
Peer-to-peer e-commerce website focused on handmade or vintage items and supplies
About the Role:
- This is an opportunity to contribute to the research practice for our growing and rapidly evolving online marketplace.
- Partner with product managers, designers and marketers to guide product development and refinement, drawing on a range of user research methods and UX best practices
- Define project scopes, applying appropriate qualitative and quantitative methodologies to answer core research questions
- Recruit for and conduct on-site, remote, and in-field user research studies with Etsy buyer
- Provide usability assessments (e.g., heuristic evaluations) for products under development
- Work closely with other researchers and data analysts to develop holistic approaches to meeting stakeholder needs
- Share tangible findings and prioritized recommendations with the teams on a regular basis, making connections between buyer needs and Etsy’s business goals and priorities
- Manage third-party research vendors as necessary
- Evangelize user research best practices across the company
About the Job:
- Can demonstrate an in-depth understanding of a range of user research methods and a solid grasp of contemporary trends in Web and app design
- Have 3+ years’ experience conducting user experience research, employing methods such as user interviews, contextual inquiry, journey mapping, participatory design, and usability testing
- Are comfortable with the logistical challenges and workflows of recruiting for research
- Can hold your own in a meeting and present with a customer-centric point of view
- Are self-motivated, detail-oriented and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience with SQL, Qualtrics, remote testing tools, experiment design desired
Etsy is a marketplace where people around the world connect, both online and offline, to make, sell and buy unique goods.
The heart and soul of Etsy is our global community: the creative entrepreneurs who use Etsy to sell what they make or curate, the shoppers looking for things they can’t find anywhere else, the manufacturers who partner with Etsy sellers to help them grow, and the Etsy employees who maintain and nurture our marketplace.
Want to learn more about Etsy? Visit Etsy's website.
Jobs You May Like
Werkstudent / Bachelorand / Masterand (m/w)
HelloFresh, Verden, Germany
Data Analytics Specialist - BI
Senior Data And Analytics Consultant
Melbourne IT, Sydney
Catapult Systems, Austin, TX
Data Analyst, Pre-Sales Solutions - Dublin
Senior Data Scientist
TripAdvisor, Needham, MA