Etsy, Brooklyn, NY
Peer-to-peer e-commerce website focused on handmade or vintage items and supplies
- 2-4 years of experience in Accounting; experience in Payroll accounting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration or comparable experience.
- Ability to prioritize and work well in a fast-paced environment with competing demands.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Workday knowledge is a plus.
- Ability to handle sensitive information with discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work independently, follow tasks through to completion and meet commitments, proactively seeking guidance as necessary.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills, with excellent attention to detail.
- Critical thinking skills and the capability to translate concepts into next steps and ideas.
- Working knowledge of expense report processing is a plus.
- Driven not only by individual success, but the by the success of the team.
- Passionate about contributing to Etsy’s vision, product and community.
About the Role
- Ensure month-end close deadlines are met; prepare related journal entries and account reconciliations for all assigned balance sheet and expense accounts.
- Perform reasonability analysis on semi-monthly and bi-weekly payrolls, collaborating with HR colleagues to ensure payroll is complete and accurate prior to initiating payment.
- Record monthly accruals, including accrued paid time off and bonuses.
- Analyze medical liability to ensure it is appropriate, accounting for self-insurance reserves.
- Journalize payroll expense, tax, withholding and benefits transactions timely and accurately via the entry of invoices, bank transactions, and manual journals with all appropriate coding and support.
- Create monthly reporting and analysis for operating and payroll expenses; improve upon existing processes by adding relevant metrics.
- Quarterly reconciliation of employer’s quarterly federal tax return to the trial balance.
- Support the Internal Controls team and other Accounting colleagues in process improvements, controls initiatives, and documenting standard operating procedures.
- Prepare technical accounting memos, as required.
- Support year-end and interim audit work, as well as tax and budgeting.
- Actively engage in developing a positive team culture and other projects related to financial operations as needed.
Etsy is a marketplace where people around the world connect, both online and offline, to make, sell and buy unique goods.
The heart and soul of Etsy is our global community: the creative entrepreneurs who use Etsy to sell what they make or curate, the shoppers looking for things they can’t find anywhere else, the manufacturers who partner with Etsy sellers to help them grow, and the Etsy employees who maintain and nurture our marketplace.
Want to learn more about Etsy? Visit https://www.etsy.com/
Jobs You May Like
International Reporting Accounting Analyst
Palantir Technologies, Palo Alto, CA
Zuora, San Mateo, CA
Accounting Clerk (Contract)
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Senior Director of Internal Audit
Etsy, Brooklyn, NY
Senior Manager, Federal and State Tax
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA
Director, Trust & Safety
Postmates, San Francisco