Etsy, Brooklyn, NY
Peer-to-peer e-commerce website focused on handmade or vintage items and supplies
About the Role
- Analyze historical and current trends and articulate these trends (and their business outputs) to Shared Service leaders to create forecasts related to future opportunities.
- Oversee Senior Analyst and collaborate with Managers and Analysts across the team in performing budgets/forecasts and monthly/quarterly financial reviews.
- Own and understand Etsy’s Shared Services financial results and be able to aid in telling the story on Etsy’s financial picture.
- Coordinate with Financial Systems team on build out, improvements, and maintenance of the financial planning process system, Host Analytics.
- Collaborate with full FP&A team on projects such as analyzing product P&L’s and assessing the financial and strategic implications of potential product enhancements, new products, or new businesses.
- Champion FP&A and our goal to be the heartbeat of the organization.
- Expert in financial modeling, Google docs, Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint. Added plus if you have used Host Analytics and/or Workday Financial Management
- 8+ years of finance experience, including experience in financial planning and business analysis.
- An ideal candidate has participated in the budgeting and forecasting process at a company of similar or larger size to Etsy and thrives in a continuous planning environment.
- You know how to develop cross-functional relationships
- Outstanding academic record and exceptional work ethic.
- Mastery of Microsoft Office (Excel in particular) is required and bonus points for experience with.
- Firm grasp of GAAP; strong familiarity with e-commerce and technology is a plus.
- Intellectual curiosity! High energy level with a hands-on approach combined with the ability to provide leadership and structure in a fast paced dynamic environment.
- Thrives when working in a collaborative and highly charged environment. Your colleagues sit in an open space surrounded by high-intensity co-workers.
- Highest professional and ethical standards: Etsy has earned a reputation for honesty, professionalism, fair dealing and transparency. Must commit to these values and uphold them at all times.
Etsy is a marketplace where people around the world connect, both online and offline, to make, sell and buy unique goods.
The heart and soul of Etsy is our global community: the creative entrepreneurs who use Etsy to sell what they make or curate, the shoppers looking for things they can’t find anywhere else, the manufacturers who partner with Etsy sellers to help them grow, and the Etsy employees who maintain and nurture our marketplace.
Want to learn more about Etsy? Visit https://www.etsy.com/
Jobs You May Like
Staff Accountant, Cash and Collections
TripAdvisor, Needham, MA
Associate General Counsel - Privacy/Security/Transactions
Zuora, Boston, MA
Workday HRIS Analyst
Red Ventures, South Charlotte
Senior Accountant, Consolidations and Reporting
Etsy, Brooklyn, NY
Manager, Content FP&A
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Senior Manager, Tax Accounting & Compliance
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA