Etsy, Brooklyn, NY
Peer-to-peer e-commerce website focused on handmade or vintage items and supplies
About the Role
- Analyze historical and current trends and articulate these trends (and their business outputs) to Shared Service leaders to create forecasts related to future opportunities.
- Oversee Senior Analyst and collaborate with Managers and Analysts across the team in performing budgets/forecasts and monthly/quarterly financial reviews.
- Own and understand Etsy’s Shared Services financial results and be able to aid in telling the story on Etsy’s financial picture.
- Coordinate with Financial Systems team on build out, improvements, and maintenance of the financial planning process system, Host Analytics.
- Collaborate with full FP&A team on projects such as analyzing product P&L’s and assessing the financial and strategic implications of potential product enhancements, new products, or new businesses.
- Champion FP&A and our goal to be the heartbeat of the organization.
- Expert in financial modeling, Google docs, Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint. Added plus if you have used Host Analytics and/or Workday Financial Management
- 8+ years of finance experience, including experience in financial planning and business analysis and managing direct report(s).
- 2 +Years in an investment banking analyst position or equivalent experience
- At least 1+ years managing others
- An ideal candidate has participated in the budgeting and forecasting process at a company of similar or larger size to Etsy and thrives in a continuous planning environment.
- You know how to develop cross-functional relationships and “play well in the sandbox” with everyone!
- Outstanding academic record and exceptional work ethic.
- Mastery of Microsoft Office (Excel in particular) is required and bonus points for experience with.
- Firm grasp of GAAP; strong familiarity with e-Commerce and technology is a plus.
- Intellectual curiosity! High energy level with a hands-on approach combined with the ability to provide leadership and structure in a fast paced dynamic environment.
- Thrives when working in a collaborative and highly charged environment. Your colleagues sit in an open space surrounded by high-intensity co-workers.
- Highest professional and ethical standards: Etsy has earned a reputation for honesty, professionalism, fair dealing and transparency. Must commit to these values and uphold them at all times.
Etsy is a marketplace where people around the world connect, both online and offline, to make, sell and buy unique goods.
The heart and soul of Etsy is our global community: the creative entrepreneurs who use Etsy to sell what they make or curate, the shoppers looking for things they can’t find anywhere else, the manufacturers who partner with Etsy sellers to help them grow, and the Etsy employees who maintain and nurture our marketplace.
Want to learn more about Etsy? Visit https://www.etsy.com/
Jobs You May Like
Accounts Payable Specialist
Palantir Technologies, Palo Alto, CA
Accounts Payable Manager
TripAdvisor, San Francisco, CA
Financial Accountant - EMEA
Fitbit, Ireland - Dublin
BuzzFeed, New York
Senior Accounts Payable Specialist
Eventbrite, Nashville, Tennessee
Senior Accounting Manager – Retail & Corporate
rag & bone, NY - Headquarters