Senior Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis
Peer-to-peer e-commerce website focused on handmade or vintage items and supplies
About the Role
- Work with the Manager to build company-wide budgets and forecasts related to Etsy’s Seller Service offerings (revenue and expenses).
- Analyze performance trends, create performance milestones and develop ROI models for new and existing services.
- Arm business leaders with data needed to make strong business decisions by helping them interpret analyses and measure progress against outlined goals.
- Collaborate with FP&A colleagues and accounting, HR and other teams to produce monthly and quarterly financial reviews for the Executive Team and Board of Directors.
- Contribute to special products such as analysis to assess the financial and strategic implications of potential product enhancements, new products, or new businesses.
- Partner with Manager of FP&A to develop financial models and analyses for internal new business development, cost savings projects, capital expenditure evaluation, competitive benchmarking, valuation, capital structure, partnerships and/or M&A.
- Collaborate with investor relations to share the Etsy story with the investor / sell-side analyst community, as well as contribute to certain activities surrounding quarterly earnings announcements.
- At least 3-5 years of progressive experience, including a combination of investment banking and corporate financial planning (with revenue and expense exposure).
- Firm grasp of GAAP; strong familiarity with e-Commerce and technology is a plus.
- Your communications are kind, thoughtful and tailored to the audience. You are not afraid to speak your mind, but you always do so with respect and empathy for your colleagues. You want to be a part of a culture that fosters candor, humility and continuous learning.
- Intellectual curiosity! High energy level with a hands-on approach combined with the ability to provide leadership and structure in a fast paced dynamic environment.
- Thrives when working in a collaborative and highly charged environment. Your colleagues sit in an open space surrounded by high-intensity co-workers.
- You feel alive when you are working across functions, skillsets, levels and experiences. In short, you know how to develop cross-functional relationships and “play well in the sandbox” with everyone!
- Highest professional and ethical standards: Etsy has earned a reputation for honesty, professionalism, fair dealing and transparency. Must commit to these values and uphold them at all times.
- Outstanding academic record and exceptional work ethic.
- Mastery of Microsoft Office (Excel in particular) is required and bonus points for experience with Adaptive Planning suite (aka Adaptive Insights) and/or Workday Financial Management.
Etsy is a marketplace where people around the world connect, both online and offline, to make, sell and buy unique goods.
The heart and soul of Etsy is our global community: the creative entrepreneurs who use Etsy to sell what they make or curate, the shoppers looking for things they can’t find anywhere else, the manufacturers who partner with Etsy sellers to help them grow, and the Etsy employees who maintain and nurture our marketplace.