Etsy, Brooklyn, NY
Peer-to-peer e-commerce website focused on handmade or vintage items and supplies
About the Role
- Develop, manage and mentor the general accounting teams in Brooklyn and Dublin and the SEC reporting team·
- Responsible for the overall accounting team strategy·
- Build strong relationships within the accounting and overall finance teams, as well as cross-functionally in order to support the Company’s business needs·
- Ensure a strong internal financial control environment across the entire accounting team·
- Ensure thoughtful, timely and accurate research and documentation of accounting matters·
- Support development and preparation of a monthly management accounting package·
- Support and oversee preparation of SEC filing documents and participate in the company’s Disclosure Committee·
- Oversee compliance with applicable international and domestic regulations
- 15-18 years of experience, minimum of seven years of progressive accounting management experience in a global SEC-compliant organization.
- BS Degree in Accounting (MBA or MAcc a plus).
- CPA certification is mandatory.
- Must possess an awareness and limited knowledge of IFRS.
- Ability to oversee experienced accounting managers and directors and to collaborate with cross-functional peers and other members of management.
- Experience in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to be a creative business partner to key business leaders in supporting rapid growth·
- Exercise sound judgment and discretion·
- Excellent organizational, prioritization and process improvement skills·
- Experience as a strong, thoughtful manager with an interest in mentoring and leading team members to the next level in their careers
Etsy is a marketplace where people around the world connect, both online and offline, to make, sell and buy unique goods.
The heart and soul of Etsy is our global community: the creative entrepreneurs who use Etsy to sell what they make or curate, the shoppers looking for things they can’t find anywhere else, the manufacturers who partner with Etsy sellers to help them grow, and the Etsy employees who maintain and nurture our marketplace.
Want to learn more about Etsy? Visit https://www.etsy.com/
Jobs You May Like
Time Inc., New York, NY
Senior Financial Analyst, Accounting & Financial Policies
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Senior Financial Analyst, Corporate
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Legal Fellow (Spring '18)
Wikimedia, San Francisco, CA
Squarespace, New York, NY
Head of Broad-Based Compensation
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA