Eventbrite has the world’s largest data repository of live events, powering millions of events and hundreds of millions of ticket transactions each year in 170+ countries. Our Data Engineering teams help wrangle data to drive business growth for our event creators, attendees, and the Eventbrite leadership. As we position Eventbrite for success over the next few years, we are building critical partnerships across the business to build high quality data models and infrastructure to drive actionable insights into our product features and services.
Our Data Foundry team builds and operates a reliable, scalable and secure data platform to meet Eventbrite’s needs. They partner with product-engineering teams to deliver data-powered functionality for customers, they work with cross functional stakeholders to enable visibility into business critical metrics, and they collaborate with analysts and data scientists to enhance modeling and analytics capabilities.
- Work with the team to design and implement features for the data platform.
- Automate and optimize data pipelines and set up monitoring and feedback systems
- Write and optimize ETL from/to the product and homegrown or 3rd party tools.
- Drive vendor POCs for data and analytics solutions.
- Translate data consumption requirements into technical specifications, including data streams, integrations, transformations, databases, and data warehouses
- Collaborate cross functionally to revamp data models that power business critical internal and customer-visible metrics
- Advocate for data driven thinking and help elevate data literacy across the company
- Mentor and learn from peers to build a cohesive culture and best practices on data at Eventbrite
THE SKILL SET
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Proficiency in Python and SQL
- Experience running ETL processes on large scale data sets
- Familiarity with Data Engineering tools such as Spark, Hive, Hadoop, MySQL, Airflow, DynamoDB, EMR, Terraform, Kafka/Kinesis, Presto/Trino, Kubernetes etc.
- Experience translating high level business questions to analytics needs and implementation
- Data modeling experience and ability to partner with technical and non technical stakeholders
- 5+ years of experience in Software or Data Engineering, building high quality production software
- Familiar with Data Science, Machine Learning, Data Analytics, and the relevant technologies that support them.
- Experience with AWS products and servicesExperience architecting and/or running data infrastructure
- Active Eventbrite user with a passion for live events
- Skilled in various forms of data modeling on structured, semi-structured and unstructured data
- Familiarity with server-side frameworks, such as Django, Express, Rails, or .Net.
- Familiarity with database optimization and scaling approaches including indexing, partitioning, sharding, clustering, in memory tables, horizontal and vertical scaling.
- Familiarity with managing large datasets and understanding the complexities of merging large databases, meeting security audit requirements, and implementing data retention policies.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Eventbrite, we strive to support our Britelings and their loved ones through different stages of life with robust and attractive benefits, financial and physical wellness options, and great perks. In addition to offering a competitive salary and company stock, we have other great benefits available. In the Briteland, you’ll find great medical plans, fertility and adoption benefits, wellness reimbursement, generous parental leave, and much more.
We care about your mental health and wellbeing.
Our employees enjoy free coaching sessions with Modern Health. We also offer free therapy sessions with a psychologist. You’ll also have access to private medical insurance for you and your family, that includes dental care. And our wellness program to pay for your gym expenses.
We work hard to cultivate a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where Britelings feel like they belong.
Employees can participate in resource groups and we offer programming throughout the year to support a diverse and inclusive workplace.
We offer ongoing training and career development that meets people where they are in their careers.
We offer unlimited access to courses in Udemy, leadership coaching for all managers, Briteling led talks, and weekly company-wide town halls with our CEO. We take culture seriously and design programs with employee feedback in mind to make Eventbrite a great place to work no matter where you work from in the world.
Work-life balance & flexibility is extremely important to us.
Our employees can choose what works best for them: work in one of our offices, be fully remote or the best of both worlds! We believe in a flexible working environment to allow Britelings to perform at their best ensuring a healthy work-life balance. We have recently implemented Britebreak Fridays: all Britelings turn off their computers and take the first Friday of every month off to focus on their wellbeing.
Eventbrite is a global self-service ticketing and experience technology platform that serves a community of hundreds of thousands of event creators in nearly 180 countries. Since inception, Eventbrite has been at the center of the experience economy, transforming the way people organize and attend events. The company was founded by Julia Hartz, Kevin Hartz and Renaud Visage, with a vision to build a self-service platform that would make it possible for anyone to create and sell tickets to live experiences. The Eventbrite platform provides an intuitive, secure, and reliable service that enables creators to plan and execute their live and online events, whether it’s an annual culinary festival attracting thousands of foodies, a professional webinar, a weekly yoga workshop or a youth dance class. With over 290 million tickets distributed for over 5 million total events in 2021, Eventbrite is where people all over the world discover new things to do or new ways to do more of what they love. Learn more at www.eventbrite.com.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Eventbrite is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, political affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Eventbrite believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and save lives. It aligns to our mission to bring the world back together through live experiences. Proof of completed COVID-19 vaccination will be required for all US applicants and employees to enter any Eventbrite office and/or interact in a physical setting with Eventbrite employees. Eventbrite will consider exceptions to this policy for medical or religious reasons on an individualized basis.