Senior UX Researcher
Eventbrite, San Francisco, California
Online ticketing and registration
At Eventbrite, we share the bold goal of delivering the world’s best event organizer tools and attendee experiences. We believe understanding and empathizing with the behaviors and needs of our users is central to this mission. We're seeking a talented individual to join our Design team and help shape product experiences by using qualitative insights and data to help find opportunities and prioritize improvements to the customer experience.
The Eventbrite Design team is a cross-disciplinary group of designers distributed across business units. We are specialized in our businesses and generalists across the Eventbrite platform. Working together with Product Managers, Engineers, and other Designers, we conceptualize and define designs for future roadmap features that will have a significant impact on the entire experience.
Our user researchers are curious, strategic, product-minded, and possess deep intuition and passion for our product and our users. As a member of the research team, you'll be responsible for driving research strategy and execution. You will partner with Designers, and Product Managers to plan and conduct generative research to answer big questions about user needs and behaviors, as well as evaluative research to identify opportunities for product improvements. You must have a deep understanding of methods and best practices, a passion for understanding our users, and the ability to tailor your communication style to customers, stakeholders, and leadership.
How you'll make an impact
- Translate business goals into research questions and plans
- Determine the type of study most appropriate to obtain the desired information
- Design and conduct research that informs product roadmap prioritization and design decision-making, employing best practice methods such as ethnographic research, user interviews, surveys, and usability studies
- Create surveys and research protocols
- Recruit and schedule study participants
- Create and manage research roadmap and calendar
- Assist in the creation of and upkeep of user personas
- Present findings in both written and verbal formats
- Publish and evangelize results of research on a regular basis to the broad organization, and maintain a history of what we've learned
- Stay abreast of industry trends and applicable external studies, and present findings to the design team
THE SKILL SET
- 5+ years experience leading user research projects with a portfolio that demonstrates research plans and results that showcase your contributions and impact
- Experience with all aspects of research, including study design, recruiting, facilitation, analysis, reporting
- Hands-on experience with lab-based user testing, remote testing, paper prototype testing, iterative prototype testing, concept testing, field research, and survey design
- Experience testing websites and software on a variety of platforms including iOS and Android mobile and devices
- Exceptional behavioral data-collection and analysis skills
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to present complex concepts clearly and persuasively across diverse audiences at various levels of our organization
- BA/BS degree or equivalent in human-computer interaction, cognitive psychology, or similar field of study
- Basic video editing skills (to create session highlight reels)
Eventbrite is the world’s largest ticketing and event technology platform, powering millions of live experiences around the globe. We build technology that allows anyone to create, share, find and attend events of all kinds. Music festivals, marathons, conferences, hackathons, political rallies, fundraisers, gaming competitions— you name it, we power it. Meet some of the team.
Eventbrite is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, political affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
FLSA Status: Exempt
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
“Please read our Applicant Privacy Notice to understand how we process your personal information when you apply for a job with us.”
Eventbrite powers ticketing and registration for more than two million live experiences each year, hosting the world’s largest online selection of events. We build technology that allows anyone to create, share, find and attend events of all kinds. Music festivals, marathons, conferences, hackathons, political rallies, fundraisers, gaming competitions— you name it, we power it.
Want to learn more about Eventbrite? Visit