Senior Designer, Design Systems
Eventbrite, San Francisco, California
Online ticketing and registration
At Eventbrite, we aim to deliver groundbreaking event creation tools and attendee experiences, globally. We’re looking for an experienced designer who is a systemic thinker and who is equally skilled solving broad, holistic challenges and sweating the details.
We are a centralized design team that values partnering with Product Managers and Engineers to make a positive impact on our user's lives and business. To that end, we embed within business teams so we can specialize in getting to know our users and focus on our products. We care deeply about our design craft and value constructive design feedback as an opportunity to improve and keep growing. We believe in engaging with the professional community, participating in regular programs and events with some of the most influential professionals in design.
You are a fierce advocate for our users and are passionate about creating intuitive, modular and reusable designs. In addition to improving the end-user experience, your designs will also support every Designer and Developer as part of the pattern library, a system of principles and components used by every team at Eventbrite. Balancing and reconciling multiple and sometimes conflicting requirements is a crucial aspect of this role; you’ll need the ability to look beyond immediate requirements to anticipate how a design might be useful or limiting in different situations. You’ll also need to influence and nudge other designers toward the creation of reusable design solutions that are based on established design standards. This position isn’t restricted to any single product or feature, and your ideas and efforts will directly influence the design of products that reach the 50 million people that use Eventbrite each year to attend live experiences.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE AN IMPACT
- Identify opportunities to increase the consistency, cohesion, accessibility and usability of our products
- Define and create shared interaction patterns across our web and native mobile products, and validate designs with design system stakeholders and through user research
- Partner with other designers and cross-functional peers to apply and evolve our design system
- Build relationships within and outside of Design to drive adoption of design system
- Generate processes, documentation and best practices that help scale the design system
THE SKILL SET
- 8+ years relevant design and user research experience; bonus for experience designing for consumer-facing iOS and Android apps
- A portfolio showing your strengths and the value you’ve brought to past roles
- Experience creating and maintaining reusable UI components and interaction patterns
- Ability to synthesize complex, interdependent, and sometimes competing requirements
- Excellent communication and storytelling skills with the ability to persuasively articulate the rationale behind the work
- Self-aware teammate with highly developed emotional intelligence
- Knowledge and experience designing for WCAG 2.0 accessibility standards and guidelines
- Experience designing for assistive technologies (JAWS, VoiceOver, etc).
- Degree in Design, Behavioral Science, Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction, Anthropology, Cognitive Science, Psychology, Design Strategy or related field
Eventbrite is the world’s leading event technology platform, powering more than two million live experiences each year. We build technology that allows anyone to create, share, find and attend events of all kinds. Music festivals, marathons, conferences, hackathons, political rallies, fundraisers, gaming competitions— you name it, we power it. Meet some of the team.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Eventbrite is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, political affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Eventbrite powers ticketing and registration for more than two million live experiences each year, hosting the world’s largest online selection of events. We build technology that allows anyone to create, share, find and attend events of all kinds. Music festivals, marathons, conferences, hackathons, political rallies, fundraisers, gaming competitions— you name it, we power it.
Want to learn more about Eventbrite? Visit