Senior Designer - Product Design
Eventbrite, San Francisco, California
Online ticketing and registration
Events are complicated. Our role as designers is to minimize the complexity of both attending and hosting events while making the lives of our users easier. As a designer across a wide ranging product, you think systematically in ways that benefit other parts of the product. You’re constantly challenged to think about holistically across a product while sweating the smaller details. You will be tasked with defining inventive products aligned to business needs and intuitive solutions that solve customer needs.
We are a cross-disciplinary group of designers distributed across product teams. We are specialists within our individual product groups, as well as generalists across the Eventbrite platform. Working together with Product Managers, Engineers and other Designers we conceptualize and define designs for future roadmap features that will have a major impact across the entire experience.
You’re a self starter. You have an incredible attention to detail and are a blue sky thinker. You can design for any screen, but always start with the computer everyone carries around in their pocket. You’ve shipped product and dealt with the push and pull of working in a dynamic environment with tight release cycles. You know what details matter along the process, work with engineers to get that final 10% in the finished product, and are adaptable enough to pivot when something unexpected occurs.
THE SKILL SET
- 8+ years of UX/UI design experience
- Excellent storytelling skills to present and communicate your work
- Deep understanding of Sketch, Adobe CC, marker on whiteboard, pen on napkin
- Expertise of one or more prototyping tools: Framer, Flinto, Principle, Pixate, Origami, HTML/CSS/JS, After Effects
- Real passion for motion design and sweating over subtle microinteractions
- Strong visual design skills and background designing for systems (Styleguides, Patterns)
- Experience designing for responsive web & native (iOS, Android)
- Ability to generate pixel-perfect production assets
- Solid knowledge of front end development to communicate effectively with engineering
- Strong portfolio showcasing real work you’ve shipped and your design process
- Proficiency in Illustration, Iconography or Typeface Design a nice to have
Eventbrite is the largest self-service ticketing platform in the world. We build technology that allows anyone to create, share, find and attend events that fuel their passions and enrich their lives. As part of the Eventbrite Design team, you will work with talented and people-centric designers to define and evolve a vision of bringing the world together through live experiences.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Eventbrite is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, political affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Eventbrite powers ticketing and registration for more than two million live experiences each year, hosting the world’s largest online selection of events. We build technology that allows anyone to create, share, find and attend events of all kinds. Music festivals, marathons, conferences, hackathons, political rallies, fundraisers, gaming competitions— you name it, we power it.