Eventbrite's business continues to grow and scale rapidly, powering millions of events. Event creators and event goers need new tools and technologies that empower them to have the most meaningful live experiences. As a Director of Money Systems Engineering you will inspire, mentor, and develop the team that builds responsive, high quality, secure systems to power commerce throughout our products and intuitive user experiences that make interacting with money at Eventbrite a breeze.
We're a people-focused Engineering organization; the people on our team value working together in small teams to solve significant problems, supporting an active culture of mentorship and inclusion, and pushing themselves to learn new things daily. Pair programming, weekly demos, tech talks, and hackathons are at the core of how we’ve built our team and product. Our technology spans the web, mobile, API, big data, machine learning, and search.
Our current primary application stack is Python and Django-based microservices, running on AWS with MySQL backends.
Future stacks will utilize a mix of modern programming languages, maximizing team autonomy, and using a mix of managed services
- Build Strong Leaders - Responsible for growing the team through a combination of coaching, mentoring, feedback, and hands-on career development
- Recruit - Building a team with strong engineering talent that represents the diversity of our audience, with clear and consistent hiring strategies
- Technical Skill - Have strong technical skills/background to help identify risk and create cost effective simple solutions.
- Drive transformations in our products and teams to build resilient, performant, and customer focused software solutions.
- Participate actively in infrastructure and application design, focusing on scalability considerations.
THE SKILL SET
- Leadership experience with engineering teams.
- A leader of leaders scaling technology and people.
- A highly-collaborative partner, who enjoys working closely with product management, design, data and finance teams to align the organization on joint goals.
- Work closely with the security team to ensure our systems and networks are hardened and protected.
- A strong communicator - You can explain complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers.
- You communicate to create alignment, and inspire teams and leaders to be their best.
- Proven track record of recruiting, hiring, and retaining technical talent.
- Comfortable leading and being a part of a fast growing and changing organization.
- Have knowledge of payment, risk management, or other financial software development and systems.
- You’ve worked with and built global teams.
- You speak Spanish
WHAT WE OFFER
At Eventbrite, we strive to support our Britelings and their loved ones through different stages of life with robust and attractive benefits, financial and physical wellness options, and great perks.
In addition to offering a competitive salary and company stock, we have other great benefits available. In the Briteland, you’ll find great medical plans, fertility and adoption benefits, wellness reimbursement, generous parental leave, on-site services, and much more.
We care about your mental health and wellbeing
Our employees enjoy free coaching sessions with Modern Health. We also offer free therapy sessions with a psychologist. You’ll also have access to private medical insurance for you and your family, that includes dental care. And if you like sports, we have our wellness program to pay for your gym expenses.
Ongoing training and career development is an important part of our culture
We offer unlimited access to courses in Udemy, language exchange programs, internal training, Briteling talks, workshops and weekly sessions with our CEO
Work-life balance is extremely important to us
Our employees can choose what works best for them: work in one of our offices, be fully remote or the best of both worlds! We believe in a flexible working environment to allow Britelings to perform at their best ensuring a healthy work-life balance. We have recently implemented Britebreak Fridays: all Britelings turn off their computers and take the first Friday of every month off to focus on their wellbeing.
Eventbrite is a global self-service ticketing and experience technology platform that serves a community of nearly one million event creators in over 180 countries. Since inception, Eventbrite has been at the center of the experience economy, transforming the way people organize and attend events. The Eventbrite platform provides an intuitive, secure, and reliable service that enables creators to plan and execute their live and online events, whether it's an annual culinary festival attracting thousands of foodies, a professional webinar, a weekly yoga workshop or a youth dance class. With over 300 million tickets distributed to more than 4 million experiences in 2019, Eventbrite is where people all over the world discover new things to do or new ways to do more of what they love.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Eventbrite is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, political affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Eventbrite believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and save lives. It aligns to our mission to bring the world back together through live experiences. Proof of completed COVID-19 vaccination will be required for all US applicants and employees to enter any Eventbrite office and/or interact in a physical setting with Eventbrite employees. Eventbrite will consider exceptions to this policy for medical or religious reasons on an individualized basis.