Eventbrite has built its business on empowering event creators with solutions to enable their success. In the process, we have touched millions of event creators and consumers, helping them get together, explore their interests, and pursue their passions through live experiences. Now, we’re embarking on a journey to make our platform even more powerful and intuitive for our most valuable creators. Growing our event creator base, helping them onboard and adopt our product and ultimately stay on as a satisfied customer is a critical part of Eventbrite’s success. To help us deliver on this ambitious vision, we are looking for a Product Designer who has a proven track record of thinking about the customer experience holistically and strives to make product features and functionality easy to use and discover. Sounds like you? Let’s talk.
You’ll be joining a global team of experienced and talented Product Managers, Engineers and Designers who are focused on building a product that empowers and enables customers to participate in great live experiences. We are passionate about events, motivated, collaborative, and a fun-loving team responsible for a high-growth, global business.
- Drive product design on a cross-functional team dedicated towards our Creator side of the business, enabling ease of use building and managing their event programs.
- Partner with UX Research, Product and Engineering to understand user needs through qualitative and quantitative data and determine opportunities and hypotheses for solutions that balance experimentation and iterative development
- Leverage competitive and comparative analysis and data to inform strategic and tactical design decisions
- Create global product solutions that enable creators to quickly and easily accomplish tasks and workflows related to their event creation and management
- Identify, define and document patterns that will standardize development processes across development teams and shape the behavior of millions of event creators
- Engage and support a culture of feedback with other designers and cross-functional peers to continuously improve the quality of design
- 5+ years relevant design experience with products that have shipped
- Portfolio showcasing how you approach problems and processes from hypothesis to execution with cross-functional teams
- A user-centered approach to designing software and services for people
- Experience with iterative development as well as A/B testing for experimentation on smaller, impactful feature wins
- Experience designing for diverse groups of people (localization, accessibility)
- Excellent UX, UI/Visual and communication/storytelling skills
- Growth mindset in a constantly evolving industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Visual Communications, or equivalent experience
- Experience working in cross-functional growth teams
- Experience defining, documenting and evolving frameworks
- Understanding/experience in motion design and design systems
WHAT WE OFFER
At Eventbrite, we strive to support our Britelings and their loved ones through different stages of life with robust and attractive benefits, financial and physical wellness options, and great perks. In addition to offering a competitive salary and company stock, we have other great benefits available. In the Briteland, you’ll find great medical plans, fertility and adoption benefits, wellness reimbursement, generous parental leave, and much more.
We care about your mental health and wellbeing.
Our employees enjoy free coaching sessions with Modern Health. We also offer free therapy sessions with a psychologist. You’ll also have access to private medical insurance for you and your family, that includes dental care. And our wellness program to pay for your gym expenses.
We work hard to cultivate a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where Britelings feel like they belong.
Employees can participate in resource groups and we offer programming throughout the year to support a diverse and inclusive workplace.
We offer ongoing training and career development that meets people where they are in their careers.
We offer unlimited access to courses in Udemy, leadership coaching for all managers, Briteling led talks, and weekly company-wide town halls with our CEO. We take culture seriously and design programs with employee feedback in mind to make Eventbrite a great place to work no matter where you work from in the world.
Work-life balance & flexibility is extremely important to us.
Our employees can choose what works best for them: work in one of our offices, be fully remote or the best of both worlds! We believe in a flexible working environment to allow Britelings to perform at their best ensuring a healthy work-life balance. We have recently implemented Britebreak Fridays: all Britelings turn off their computers and take the first Friday of every month off to focus on their wellbeing.
Eventbrite is a global self-service ticketing and experience technology platform that serves a community of hundreds of thousands of event creators in nearly 180 countries. Since inception, Eventbrite has been at the center of the experience economy, transforming the way people organize and attend events. The company was founded by Julia Hartz, Kevin Hartz and Renaud Visage, with a vision to build a self-service platform that would make it possible for anyone to create and sell tickets to live experiences. The Eventbrite platform provides an intuitive, secure, and reliable service that enables creators to plan and execute their live and online events, whether it’s an annual culinary festival attracting thousands of foodies, a professional webinar, a weekly yoga workshop or a youth dance class. With over 290 million tickets distributed for over 5 million total events in 2021, Eventbrite is where people all over the world discover new things to do or new ways to do more of what they love. Learn more at www.eventbrite.com.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Eventbrite is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, political affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Eventbrite believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and save lives. It aligns to our mission to bring the world back together through live experiences. Proof of completed COVID-19 vaccination will be required for all US applicants and employees to enter any Eventbrite office and/or interact in a physical setting with Eventbrite employees. Eventbrite will consider exceptions to this policy for medical or religious reasons on an individualized basis.