Distinguished Software Engineer
Eventbrite, Remote, Spain
Online ticketing and registration
- In our mission to connect the world through live experiences. We aim to delight our creators by offering the best self-service solutions for them to create events and by offering the best event discovery and ticketing solutions to our attendees.
- In trying new things and taking smart risks. We believe quality and speed are not a trade-off but a choice
- That diverse teams create superior products. We’re excited to see you hire and develop amazing engineers, designers, and product managers in our India hub who bring their authentic self to work and enhance our culture.
- That development is a team game. The best products are greater than the sum of the individuals that build them, and that the tightest alignment between engineering, product management, research, and design is necessary to succeed.
- In thinking about the long term. Short-term wins are easy but not sustainable.
- That Eventbrite offers a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to have an impact at a global level in defining how we connect after the pandemic is behind us.
- Everyone is an owner irrespective of their title or role in the company.
- Establish the vision and strategy for our creator empowerment engineering organization (100+ engineers).
- Mentor our top engineering talent, and constantly elevate our team’s performance.
- You’ll be involved in our most business-critical/technically complex problems.
- Work with the teams within our organization as well as with teams from the other areas (platform, consumer)
- Map our business goals towards
- Drive a culture of excellence, ownership, and delivery.
- You will set aggressive targets for your teams, coach and develop strong talent, measure achievement against goals and drive continuous improvement.
- You’ll be responsible for the Area’s processes, driving their continuous improvement. You’ll lead Impthe improvement of our overall software quality and drive best practices. You’ll collaborate with other Sr. Principals across the company to converge on these processes and collectively improve.
- You’ll participate in the hiring of our top engineering talent and ensure we hold a high bar for any incoming briteling.
- Build a culture of learning with a strong Learning & Development practice, thus continuously enhancing the technology capabilities of our area.
- You’ll code. You’ll be expected to spend a large amount of your time defining our architecture, and helping teams across different pillars designing solutions, but you’ll also be hands-on on our key projects. You’ll be the role model for our teams when it comes to quality and productivity.
THE SKILL SET
- Prior experience leading an organization with 10+ teams.
- 10+ years of demonstrated success with senior-level, high-growth, and scaling organization decision-making while building respect and influence with multiple stakeholders and customers
- 10+years of relevant, broad engineering experience. Deep technical knowledge up and down the stack, with experience leading or facilitating technical architecture decision-making
- In-depth understanding of modern microservices architecture with significant experience in cloud-based services. Our systems are heavily based on AWS, so knowledge of this technology is a plus (but not strictly required)
- Experience leading dev-ops organizations in all the stages of the software lifecycle. Strong track record of leading the preparation of roadmaps, achieving high-performance execution and quality, and establishing the appropriate operational excellence processes to constantly improve our services
- Skilled communicator and listener; a natural leader especially while navigating change and uncertainty; strong at fostering respect, goal alignment, and setting up systems of trust; adept in group settings and intimate, one-on-one interactions
- Worked at a global company and have successfully built processes to operate across time zones. Have delivered multiple successful products to market that operate at scale (preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related technical field
Eventbrite powers ticketing and registration for more than two million live experiences each year, hosting the world’s largest online selection of events. We build technology that allows anyone to create, share, find and attend events of all kinds. Music festivals, marathons, conferences, hackathons, political rallies, fundraisers, gaming competitions— you name it, we power it.
Want to learn more about Eventbrite? Visit Eventbrite's website.
A monthly box of dog goodies