We’re looking for a Concept Lead to oversee editorial photography at Everlane. This role will work closely with the copy and production teams to bring the Everlane brand to life through on-point imagery. Beyond concepting and art direction, this role will oversee all casting and work to maintain strong freelance relationships. The right candidate has a love for brand building with a strong background in creative direction. The role requires a balance of creative and production-oriented thinking as this person is also responsible for managing the shoot calendar and budget—the ability to function equally in both domains is key.
- Concept and direct editorial photoshoots. Own the full shoot process from initial concepting, to casting, to on-set direction to making selects.
- Brand development: continue to refine and hone in on the Everlane brand aesthetic through photography.
- Collaborate with the in-house copy, design and styling teams to create creative briefs and present to key stakeholders. Ensure stories are told in a consistent and on-brand way through brand visuals.
- On-set art direction: lead on-set team for all editorial photoshoots.
- Casting: oversee all editorial casting and casting budgeting. Maintain strong agency partnerships and cast authentic, on brand talent.
- Freelance Relationships: help maintain and develop outside vendor and freelance relationships for the photo team.
- Partner with producers to help manage shoot coordination, logistics and budgets. Responsible for executing creative within a set annual budget.
- 2+ years of relevant creative direction experience.
- Strong portfolio of relevant concepting work demonstrating an ability to produce on-brand creative.
- Keen eye and understanding of image composition and lighting.
- Background in video work a bonus.
- Experience in casting.
- Relevant freelance network and industry ties.
- Understanding of shoot production, experience in managing budgets.
- Photoshop and Bridge skills.
We spend months finding the best factories around the world—the very same ones that produce your favorite designer labels. We visit them often, and build strong personal relationships with the owners.