We’ve opened our first flagship store in San Francisco and building a top-notch team that can deliver the best experience possible for customers. This team will serve as the face of Everlane, and we’re looking to hire those who can make an awesome first impression on every individual who comes through the door.
We are a fast-paced and rapidly growing company, so flexibility and resilience is key. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to learn about building a successful and unique retail environment from the ground up. The position is paid hourly.
The role will include (but not be limited to):
- Greeting visitors
- Identifying customers’ needs and tailoring solutions accordingly
- Processing purchases, returns, and exchanges using our custom point-of-sale system
- Being an expert on the Everlane brand and on all Everlane products, including sharing personal experiences
- Offering styling + fit advice
- Maintaining the appearance of our space
- Organizing inventory
- Gathering customer feedback and sharing it with the leadership team
- Helping with in-store events
- Knowing the ins-and-outs of our existing online experience, placing orders for items that are unavailable in store
- Communicating consistently with headquarters (just a few blocks away from the store)
- Passionate about helping others
- Ability to think quickly on your feet and problem solve creatively
- Comfortable with ambiguity, adaptable to a high-change environment
- Ambitious and self-motivated
- Exceptional communicator
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks
- Keep cool under pressure
- Work a minimum of two days a week, with availability on weekends and holidays
- Bonus points for previous retail experience
- You wear and love Everlane!
At Everlane, we’re rethinking the way retail works. We have no middlemen taking their cut and no brand markups. Instead, we design our own luxury basics and sell them exclusively at a fraction of the traditional retail price. Since launching in November 2011, Everlane has attracted over 1,300,000 members and has been featured in The New York Times, New York Magazine, The Economist, Elle, and GQ.
Please note before submitting an application: as a company, we take hiring very seriously. Interviewing with Everlane may include video and phone interviews, written projects, and/or on-site interviews. Although we are unable to follow-up with each and every applicant, we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify a potential fit.
Everlane provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
We spend months finding the best factories around the world—the very same ones that produce your favorite designer labels. We visit them often, and build strong personal relationships with the owners.