Everlane is seeking a Planner to forecast, monitor, and order products across our assortment. You are a highly analytical individual who knows Excel like the back of your hand and have gotten your feet wet in databases and quantitative analysis. We have a wealth of data to work with to ensure highly efficient inventory turnover. Our products rarely go on sale, so our team faces a unique challenge with every category that we purchase into. You will collaborate with merchandising, production, and logistics, so the ability to communicate clearly and effectively across departments is critical.
The ideal candidate has a unique combination of analytical ability, fashion foresight, and attention to detail -- smart, inquisitive, and incredibly precise. You will report directly to the Strategic Planning Lead.
- Develop financial plans by sales channel, product type and category
- Project sales volumes for existing and upcoming products to support replenishment and new launch buys
- Enhance existing inventory models to improve forecast accuracy and inventory turnover
- Work with merchandising to inform decisions about new product offerings
- Generate purchase orders down to SKU-level with incredible precision and accuracy
- Collaborate with production and logistics to ensure optimal inventory flows
- Perform a variety of analyses and tasks to improve understanding of business trends and opportunities
- Build tools and dashboards to streamline business processes
- BA/BS degree and 2-6 years experience in inventory planning, finance, operations, or data analytics
- Advanced competency in Excel
- Experience with SQL highly desirable
- Familiarity with inventory planning concepts and theory a plus
- Top-notch analytical, financial modeling and problem solving skills
- Organized to the point of neuroticism
- Ability to quickly adapt to change and new processes
- Passion for retail, minimalist design and disrupting an age-old industry
At Everlane, we’re rethinking the way retail works. We have no middlemen taking their cut and no brand markups. Instead, we design our own luxury basics and sell them exclusively at a fraction of the traditional retail price. Since launching in November 2011, Everlane has attracted over 1,000,000 members and has been featured in The New York Times, New York Magazine, The Economist, Elle, and GQ.
Please note before submitting an application: as a company, we take hiring very seriously. Interviewing with Everlane may include video and phone interviews, written projects, and/or on-site interviews. Although we are unable to follow-up with each and every applicant, we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify a potential fit.
Everlane provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
We spend months finding the best factories around the world—the very same ones that produce your favorite designer labels. We visit them often, and build strong personal relationships with the owners.