As Footwear Technologist, you will be responsible for the fit and quality of our entire footwear collection. You will direct product testing, fit sessions, fit clinics and wear tests, and propose changes to improve the product based on results. In this explosively growing segment of our business, we are looking for an entrepreneur who is a technical expert, solution-oriented, and loves a challenge.
You will report to the Director of Product Development and Production, and be based in our San Francisco office.
- Partner with QA/Compliance team to determine 3rd party testing appropriate for each new product during development stage
- Review product testing results during bulk production and propose action plans to suppliers when issues arise
- Partner with Materials Sourcing Lead to ensure article selection is compatible for fit and execution of product
- Lead all fit sessions from first proto to final fit confirmation – lead team in proposing technical solutions for fit/execution issues
- Conduct internal and external Fit Clinics to get feedback on sizing and comfort prior to fit finalization
- Partner with Director of PD/Production to select styles that require additional wear testing and/or key size trials
- Manage wear test sample requests and distribution; collect feedback and determine action plans as needed
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- 10+ years of technical footwear experience with direct exposure to factories and tier 2 suppliers
- Expertise in grading standards and standardizing sizing across countries and factories
- Experience across Mens and Womens, Dress and Casual/Sport preferred
- Ability to translate technical issues into understandable action plan options
At Everlane, we’re rethinking the way retail works. We have no middlemen taking their cut and no brand markups. Instead, we design our own luxury basics and sell them exclusively at a fraction of the traditional retail price. Since launching in November 2011, Everlane has attracted over 1,300,000 members and has been featured in The New York Times, New York Magazine, The Economist, Elle, and GQ.
Please note before submitting an application: as a company, we take hiring very seriously. Interviewing with Everlane may include video and phone interviews, written projects, and/or on-site interviews. Although we are unable to follow-up with each and every applicant, we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify a potential fit.
Everlane provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
We spend months finding the best factories around the world—the very same ones that produce your favorite designer labels. We visit them often, and build strong personal relationships with the owners.
Want to learn more about Everlane? Visit Everlane's website.
Jobs You May Like
BGB Group, BGB Group