Everlaw, Oakland, California
Ediscovery made easy. Intuitive software for document analysis.
- Serve as the lead accounting resource for the company
- Build and manage an accounting and reporting team
- Advise and implement accounting policies related to revenue recognition, sales tax, payroll tax, accruals, capitalization, intercompany receivables, international subsidiary operations, and more
- Lead the month-end close, preparing monthly intercompany and other journal entries, performing reconciliation of intercompany accounts and owning the process to settle intercompany balances.
- Consolidating Financials including international entities
- Lead annual audits and quarterly reviews and assist with investor due diligence and reporting requirements
- Manage department operations: AR, AP, credit cards, expense reimbursement, vendor payments, billing, processing payroll, disbursements, and treasury functions and the associated compliance, controls and processes.
- Oversee, coordinate and assist external tax professionals and auditors with local, state and federal tax filings and financial statement audits, system improvement projects, and internal documentation
- Develop, implement, and document new policies and procedures to enhance the workflow of the department and the company
- Participate in other special projects and analyses as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 6+ years of related work experience - Big 4 or large regional public accounting experience preferred; CPA required
- Thorough understanding of GAAP, in particular ASC 606 and Consolidation accounting
- Experience in software or SaaS technology company
- Deep experience with Netsuite, Excel and experience with other startup tools (Expensify, Bill.com, Gusto, etc.)
- Significant hands-on process, controls and disbursements experience
- Experience working with offshore accounting and finance functions
- High degree of analytical and problem-solving capability and leadership skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Desire to learn, coach, and enable others
- Enthusiasm to “grow with the business,” think strategically as well as tactically, and seek new challenges
- Experience partnering closely with operations and a desire to work closely with all departments and geographies within the business
- Ability to work independently and balance multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Competitive salary
- Substantial equity
- 401k with company matching
- Health, dental, and vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care expenses
- Paid parental leave and sick leave
- Seventeen paid vacation days plus ten bankable federal holidays
- Annual allocation for Learning & Development opportunities and applicable professional membership dues
- Company-sponsored life and disability insurance
- Work in Downtown Oakland, just steps from the BART line and dozens of restaurants
- Select your preference of hardware (Mac or PC) and customize your desk setup
- Bond over team lunches and out-of-the-box events
- Voted one of "San Francisco Bay Area's Best and Brightest Companies" and one of "Inc Magazine's Best Workplaces"
Our Mission Everlaw believes that legal teams deserve cutting-edge technology in their pursuit of justice. Our team of top Silicon Valley engineers is on a mission to replace antiquated, clunky, on-premises software with an integrated, elegant platform for litigating a case from discovery to the courtroom. Everlaw delivers a fresh experience through blink-speed search, an intuitive user interface, real-time collaboration, accessible predictive coding, and robust case-building tools. With Everlaw, don’t settle. Win.