Manager, Product Design
Everlaw, Oakland, California
Ediscovery made easy. Intuitive software for document analysis.
In your first few months, you will
- Become product certified! You will learn the ins and outs of the Everlaw platform through a series of training modules
- Work on the end-to-end design of a handful of features to familiarize yourself with our processes and product:
- Collaborate with the team to conduct user research and synthesize results into insights that inform your designs
- Create new functionality and enhancing existing experiences for the platform by collaborating with Designers, Engineers, and Product team members
- Craft and delivering solutions that are intuitive and effective in the form of user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and pixel-perfect specs
- Working closely with engineers to ensure an efficient implementation of your designs
- Provide respectful, insightful, and actionable feedback to designers to ensure an elegant and cohesive user experience
- Feel like part of the team! Our onboarding process will integrate you into the company with informative sessions on our policies, processes, and team structure and goals
- Learn, grow, and contribute right away. We trust that you will bring experience and knowledge that will uplift the team, but we don’t expect you to know everything on Day 1. You will have time to develop your product knowledge and get up to speed on all aspects of Everlaw
In your first year, you will
- Foster and champion a design culture across the organization.
- Build and lead a team of talented Product Designers; supporting their career growth through coaching and mentoring.
- Collaborate with others to define and establish effective design processes that emphasize user-centered design techniques, leverage user research, and foster an environment of excellence.
- Collaborate with and coach Designers through complex design problems, product ideation, and any interpersonal issues that arise.
- Help designers set clear goals; provide feedback, and manage project workloadswhile pitching in where needed.
- Contribute to the development of our design system and advocate consistent use of design standards across our product.
- Influence the User Experience Design of the product by providing guidance to your team and partnering with product, engineering, and other stakeholders to ensure features are well-defined and successfully executed.
- Have an active voice in the product strategy and have a clear vision on how to execute design work towards it.
- You have at least 5 years of experience designing for web and/or mobile applications
- You have at least 2 years of experience managing teams.
- You have excellent people and project management skills.
- You are process-driven and can communicate complex concepts to drive the team towards a shared vision.
- You are a proven leader with an ability to think big while caring for small details.
- You have an aptitude for strategic product thinking that strengthens the bridge between the Product Design team and the Product team.
- You are authorized to work in the United States. Please note that at this time, Everlaw is not sponsoring U.S. employment visas for any applicants
- More than 3 years designing experiences for SaaS products
- You are familiar with the legal and ediscovery industries
- You have experience building design systems
- You have an aptitude for strategic product thinking that makes you a distinguished partner to the Product team
- You have experience leading design sprints and workshops
- Competitive salary
- Substantial equity
- 401k with company matching
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care expenses
- Fully paid pregnancy and bonding leaves for new parents (including adoptive and foster)
- Seventeen paid vacation days plus ten bankable federal holidays
- Annual allocation for Learning & Development opportunities and applicable professional membership dues
- Company-sponsored life and disability insurance
- Work in Downtown Oakland, just steps from the BART line and dozens of restaurants
- Select your preference of hardware (Mac or PC) and customize your desk setup
- Bond over team lunches and out-of-the-box events
- “Ranked #1 on G2 for Ediscovery Software and Momentum” and proud contributor of free ediscovery resources to benefit the greater good through Everlaw for Good
Our Mission Everlaw believes that legal teams deserve cutting-edge technology in their pursuit of justice. Our team of top Silicon Valley engineers is on a mission to replace antiquated, clunky, on-premises software with an integrated, elegant platform for litigating a case from discovery to the courtroom. Everlaw delivers a fresh experience through blink-speed search, an intuitive user interface, real-time collaboration, accessible predictive coding, and robust case-building tools. With Everlaw, don’t settle. Win.
Want to learn more about Everlaw? Visit Everlaw's website.
Software that predicts technology trends.