Software Engineer, Data
Everlaw, Oakland, California
Ediscovery made easy. Intuitive software for document analysis.
- We want you to feel like part of the team early on! Our onboarding process will integrate you into the company with informative sessions on our product, policies, processes, and team structure and goals.
- We’re excited for you to learn, grow, and contribute right away! We trust that you’ll bring experience and knowledge that will uplift and uplevel the team, but we don’t expect you to know everything on Day 1.
In your role, you’ll…
- Become product certified! You will learn the ins and outs of the Everlaw platform through a series of training modules.
- Familiarize yourself with our technologies, workflows, and codebase through extensive training and product certification.
- Write code! Once you’re product certified and trained, you will be able to add to our codebase.
- Collaborate with the Engineering Operations, Data Science, and Engineering teams to build out and implement new data infrastructure that is used to power all forms of analytics and data driven insights for internal stakeholders and for use in our Product.
- Influence Everlaw’s data architecture and best practices while working alongside skilled and experienced members of the Engineering team.
- Design and set up tools that allow other members of the team to easily write data pipelines and produce insights efficiently.
- Instill best practices around data collection, quality, security and consistency.
- Design, maintain and build analytics data storage and data ingestion/transformation framework including our data warehouse, file stores and streaming infrastructure where applicable.
- Help design our data warehouse schema for efficient querying.
- You have at least 5 years of experience as a Data Engineer or similar role or at least 3 years of experience and a BS or MS in Computer Science, or equivalent coursework.
- You have experience coding in a language, such as Python or Java.
- You have good knowledge of algorithms and fundamental computer science concepts.
- You are familiar with designing and managing relational databases, authoring queries, and authoring efficient ETL queries (e.g. experience with SQL, DBT etc).
- You have experience using data workflow management technologies (e.g. Airflow etc).
- You are eager to learn new technologies.
- You are familiar with Git or a similar DVCS.
- You have excellent writing and communication skills.
- Competitive salary
- Substantial equity
- Retirement plan with company matching
- Health, dental, and vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care expenses
- Paid parental leave and sick leave
- Seventeen paid vacation days plus 11 federal holidays
- Membership to Modern Health to help employees prioritize mental health and wellness
- Annual allocation for Learning & Development opportunities and applicable professional membership dues
- Company-sponsored life and disability insurance
- Work in Uptown Oakland, just steps from the BART line and dozens of restaurants and walking distance to Lake Merritt
- Flexible work-from-home days on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Monthly home internet reimbursement
- Select your preference of hardware (Mac or PC) and customize your desk setup
- Enjoy a wide variety of snacks and beverages in the Oakland office
- Bond over company-wide out-of-the-box events and fun activities with your team
- Time off for company-sponsored volunteer events and 4 paid hours per quarter to volunteer at a charitable organization of your choice
- Take advantage of learning and career development opportunities
- One of Wealthfront’s 2021 Career Launching Companies, one of “Inc Magazine's Best Workplaces”, and one of 2020’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work for in the Bay Area
- “G2 Ranks Everlaw #1 for Ediscovery for the Fourth Quarter in a Row” and proud contributor of free ediscovery resources to benefit the greater good through “Everlaw for Good”
Our Mission Everlaw believes that legal teams deserve cutting-edge technology in their pursuit of justice. Our team of top Silicon Valley engineers is on a mission to replace antiquated, clunky, on-premises software with an integrated, elegant platform for litigating a case from discovery to the courtroom. Everlaw delivers a fresh experience through blink-speed search, an intuitive user interface, real-time collaboration, accessible predictive coding, and robust case-building tools. With Everlaw, don’t settle. Win.
Want to learn more about Everlaw? Visit Everlaw's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.