Everlaw, Oakland, California
Ediscovery made easy. Intuitive software for document analysis.
In the first few months, you will...
- Implement a change end to end from conception to Production in order to get some experiential knowledge of what your reports do and what our development and release processes look like.
- Understand the engineering needs of the company through the eyes of various stakeholders at Everlaw.
- Advise on initiatives to increase the performance of the Everlaw platform
- Actively coach your team with timely and actionable feedback synthesized from various peers.
- Feel like part of the team! Our onboarding process will integrate you into the company with informative sessions on our policies, processes, and team structure and goals.
- Learn, grow, and contribute right away. We trust that you’ll bring experience and knowledge that will uplift the team, but we don’t expect you to know everything on Day 1. You’ll have time to develop your product knowledge and get up to speed on all aspects of Everlaw.
Going forward, you will...
- Coach and develop your team of engineers by guiding their projects and weighing in where needed on technical approaches and tradeoffs.
- Contribute to hiring and growing the team by recruiting engineers and improving our hiring processes.
- Work closely and collaboratively with Engineering Operations and Security Engineering to improve our processes for Engineers.
- Work closely with Engineers and Product Leads to weigh in on priorities for the Engineering organization.
- Lead from the trenches by managing, coordinating and executing on large-scale initiatives, such as release automation, security infrastructure, and major product developments.
- Serve as a catch-all facilitator for your team and be their biggest advocate.
- You have at least 4 years of of engineering experience as a DevOps Engineer or Software Engineer.
- You have in-depth experience with some combination of: continuous deployment practices, infrastructure as code, cloud infrastructure, enterprise software, high-security architectures, complex web development.
- You’re a motivator and listener with effective outbound communication skills, both written and verbal.
- You have working knowledge across a breadth of computer science areas - programming languages, distributed systems, database administration, network security, application security, data visualization, and real-time collaboration. You’re not required to be an expert in all of these areas, but it helps to be an expert in some.
- You lead from the front by setting a good example and being willing to tackle less glamorous tasks, holding yourself accountable, and frankly acknowledging mistakes.
- You collaborate and foster trust with peer functions by leading and driving initiatives forward with or without your direct reports
- You have a love of building systems and writing code (even if you don’t have much time to do so anymore!)
- You have US Citizenship.
- For three of the five years immediately prior to applying for a position, you must: 1) have resided in the United States; 2) have worked for the United States overseas in a Federal or military capacity; or 3) be a dependent of a Federal or military employee serving overseas.
- Competitive salary
- Substantial equity
- Retirement plan with company matching
- Health, dental, and vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care expenses
- Paid parental leave and sick leave
- Seventeen paid vacation days plus 11 federal holidays
- Membership to Modern Health to help employees prioritize mental health and wellness
- Annual allocation for Learning & Development opportunities and applicable professional membership dues
- Company-sponsored life and disability insurance
- Work in Uptown Oakland, just steps from the BART line and dozens of restaurants and walking distance to Lake Merritt
- Flexible work-from-home days on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Monthly home internet reimbursement
- Select your preference of hardware (Mac or PC) and customize your desk setup
- Enjoy a wide variety of snacks and beverages in the Oakland office
- Bond over company-wide out-of-the-box events and fun activities with your team
- Time off for company-sponsored volunteer events and 4 paid hours per quarter to volunteer at a charitable organization of your choice
- Take advantage of learning and career development opportunities
- One of Wealthfront’s 2021 Career Launching Companies, one of “Inc Magazine's Best Workplaces”, and one of 2020’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work for in the Bay Area
- “G2 Ranks Everlaw #1 for Ediscovery for the Fourth Quarter in a Row” and proud contributor of free ediscovery resources to benefit the greater good through “Everlaw for Good”
Our Mission Everlaw believes that legal teams deserve cutting-edge technology in their pursuit of justice. Our team of top Silicon Valley engineers is on a mission to replace antiquated, clunky, on-premises software with an integrated, elegant platform for litigating a case from discovery to the courtroom. Everlaw delivers a fresh experience through blink-speed search, an intuitive user interface, real-time collaboration, accessible predictive coding, and robust case-building tools. With Everlaw, don’t settle. Win.
Want to learn more about Everlaw? Visit Everlaw's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one