Senior Software Engineer, Growth Experiments
Evernote, Redwood City, CA
Organize your work and declutter your life
About the team
Evernote Growth Team has the mission to delight and help our customers engage with our world-class note taking app. In this highly versatile role, your day-to-day work will directly impact large areas of the product and challenge your technical expertise as you develop across our front-end Web clients, back-end micro-services, and the tools we use to communicate with and understand our users. The Evernote Growth mission spans across improving user experience – from initial awareness and onboarding, to day-to-day usage and support by conducting experiments and using insights from data to drive our decisions.
We are a creative, diverse, and data-driven team, passionate about continuous learning around our customers’ behaviors. We care deeply about the customer experience, and cherish the insights we uncover through our experimentation and analytics.
Our tools empower us to move fast and dive deep – building and deploying tests to anticipate and rapidly respond to our customer’s needs. We measure in days, not weeks, and monitor our experiments’ results in real-time. We operate on evidence, evolving as we learn from our experiments.
What you'll do
- As a full-stack growth software engineer, you will design, build, test, and release changes to the Evernote product and our marketing tools
- Perform rapid product iteration through experimentation to determine what users want in software
- You'll be biased towards action, pragmatism, and results – tangible outcomes that you can measure
- Tackle new territory, because learning and recognizing patterns in unfamiliar technologies excites you
- You will see things how they should be, not just how they are
- Work alongside a group of Designers, User Researchers, Data Scientists, Product Managers, and other Growth Engineers to design & execute experiments that will be seen or experienced by millions of people in a fast, collaborative process.
- Be aggressively curious about understanding how systems work
- Partner with product, marketing, and support teams to run A/B tests, share knowledge, and use data to inform and influence roadmaps and business decisions.
What you've done
- BS Degree in CS, or similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- 5 years of software development experience
- Experience editing visual layers for modern web applications and HTML/CSS/react
- Experience with RESTful APIs with secured endpoints
- Experience with a build, test, & deploy tools
- Experience with SQL and a relational database, such as Postgres, MySQL, SQLite, etc.
- Familiarity with Electron is a plus
- Familiarity with the React web stack React, Flux, and Redux
Evernote transforms the way you work. We design products that fuel inspiration for your projects, from start to finish. With Evernote, collect and organize material that molds your work. Easily find everything when you need it, from handwritten notes to photos. As your project takes shape, present it to colleagues. Turn notes into a beautiful presentation you can display in a screen-friendly format. Our goal is to make you work smarter. Our job is to make sure you get there.
Want to learn more about Evernote? Visit https://evernote.com/
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer - Netflix API
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Engineering Manager - Service Engineering
Slack, Dublin, Ireland
Senior Sales Engineer
Schoology, Austin, TX
ThoughtWorks, San Francisco
Senior Security Architect
Twitch, San Francisco, CA
Senior DevOps Engineer - Extensions
Twitch, San Francisco, CA