Engineering Manager, Mac Desktop
Evernote, Redwood City, CA
Organize your work and declutter your life
We believe in not only to make people more successful by using technology to improve their thinking but also to build an incredible company while doing so. We’re looking for a talented technical leader to drive Evernote’s award-winning Mac desktop engineering team. Evernote teams are small, we move quickly, and craft software that millions of people around the world love and use daily.
What you'll do
- You own complex technical projects which span multiple teams from planning through execution and support adoption of software engineering standard methodologies.
- Take responsibility for the overall planning, execution and success of high quality software releases. Constantly evaluate our success and lead change when necessary.
- You will define evaluation criteria for new technologies and software development techniques, and drive their adoption when appropriate
- We want someone who will provide leadership, skills development opportunities, and mentoring to engineers in a collaborative way, in addition to finding, hiring and retaining the best technical talent
- You will assess and handle product risks including handling engineering schedules, while minimizing technical debt and improving the quality of the technology
What you've done
- You've led and motivated entire technical teams as a manager or tech lead
- You've earned a BS or MS in Computer Science
- You've built software from the ground up in a rapid development environment using Agile, Scrum, and/or other modern software development methodology
Characteristics that will make you successful in the role
- Extraordinary engineering background and extensive experience with Objective-C
- Background in desktop application development
- Deep understanding of client-server architectures and associated software design patterns
- Strong technical management experience to draw upon
- Excellent verbal and written communicator
- Ability to clearly distill complex and ambiguous situations into actionable plans for your team
- We are looking for someone who supports team career growth and job happiness
Evernote transforms the way you work. We design products that fuel inspiration for your projects, from start to finish. With Evernote, collect and organize material that molds your work. Easily find everything when you need it, from handwritten notes to photos. As your project takes shape, present it to colleagues. Turn notes into a beautiful presentation you can display in a screen-friendly format. Our goal is to make you work smarter. Our job is to make sure you get there.
Want to learn more about Evernote? Visit https://evernote.com/
Jobs You May Like
Senior Product Engineer - Messaging
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Project Manager (w/m)
Palantir Technologies, London, United Kingdom
Senior UI Developer
Senior Software Engineer
Software Engineer: Data Privacy
Lyft, San Francisco, CA