We aspire not only to make people more successful by using technology to improve their thinking but also to build an incredible company while doing so. We’re looking for a talented Engineering Director and Site Leader for our Austin Texas location. He or she will drive the teams responsible for everything that our users collect in Evernote: text, images, Web content, audio, etc. Our teams are small, we move quickly, and craft software that millions of people around the world love and use daily.
What you'll do
- You own complex technical projects which span multiple teams from planning through execution and support adoption of software engineering standard methodologies.
- You lead core projects used by all platforms and critical to our success.
- You serve as an engineering site leader for our Austin based office.
- Take responsibility for the overall planning, execution and success of high quality software releases. Constantly evaluate our success and lead change when necessary.
- You will define evaluation criteria for new technologies and software development techniques, and drive their adoption when appropriate.
- We want someone who will provide leadership, skills development opportunities, and mentoring to both engineers and engineering managers, in addition to finding, hiring and retaining the best technical talent. The teams you run have room to grow.
- You will assess and handle product risks including handling engineering schedules, while minimizing technical debt and improving the quality of the technology.
What you've done
- You've hired, led and motivated multiple technical teams.
- You have experience with remote employees or have worked in a satellite office.
- You've earned a BS or MS in Computer Science.
- You've built software from the ground up in a rapid development environment using Agile, Scrum, and/or other modern software development methodology
Characteristics that will make you successful in the role
- Outstanding engineering background and extensive experience with web technologies
- Background consumer facing applications
- Deep understanding of client-server architectures and associated software design patterns
- Exceptional technical management experience to draw upon
- Excellent verbal and written communicator
- Experience with Scrum
- Ability to clearly distill complex and ambiguous situations into actionable plans for your team
- We are looking for someone who supports team career growth and job happiness
Evernote transforms the way you work. We design products that fuel inspiration for your projects, from start to finish. With Evernote, collect and organize material that molds your work. Easily find everything when you need it, from handwritten notes to photos. As your project takes shape, present it to colleagues. Turn notes into a beautiful presentation you can display in a screen-friendly format. Our goal is to make you work smarter. Our job is to make sure you get there.
Want to learn more about Evernote? Visit Evernote's website.
Jobs You May Like
(Senior) Frontend Engineer - Search, Learning & Intelligence
Slack, New York City
Senior Web Apps & Services Developer .NET Core
Endurance International Group, Burlington, MA
Flexport, San Francisco, CA
Cloud Web Developer
Faraday Future, Gardena, CA
Technical Operational Analyst
Twilio, Mountain View, CA