Senior Software Engineer, Data and Machine Learning Platform
Evernote, Redwood City, CA
Organize your work and declutter your life
Evernote was built to help people and teams capture, nurture, and share ideas. We believe that no idea is too big to handle or too small to matter and help millions of people every single day be more productive.
As a member of the Engineering team, you will design and build Evernote’s next-generation data products and infrastructure. You will be owning part of the data platform that enables batch and real-time data ingestion and facilitates performing machine learning and building data-driven product features. You will play with newest Data technologies, come up with creative solutions and facilitate making high-level architectural decisions.
What you'll do
- Design, build and maintain efficient and reliable real-time data pipelines to move data across systems.
- Operationalize the data and machine learning platforms - add metrics and monitoring to track performance and optimize as needed.
- You will architect, implement and improve a machine learning platform designed for feature engineering, model building, training, and validation
- You will collaborate with multiple teams in high visibility roles to implement new data workflows and lead the solution end-to-end
- Evaluate, benchmark and integrate state of the art open source data tools and technologies
What you've done
- 8+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years of experience working with data at scale, especially with distributed systems
- Experience with at least one scripting language like Python and one object-oriented language like Java.
- You have experience with network programming and relational databases
- Experience with Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Presto will be plus
- You are able to communicate complex concepts clearly and accurately
- Willingness to learn new technologies, tools, and approaches to problem-solving
- B.S./M.S. in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
Evernote transforms the way you work. We design products that fuel inspiration for your projects, from start to finish. With Evernote, collect and organize material that molds your work. Easily find everything when you need it, from handwritten notes to photos. As your project takes shape, present it to colleagues. Turn notes into a beautiful presentation you can display in a screen-friendly format. Our goal is to make you work smarter. Our job is to make sure you get there.
Want to learn more about Evernote? Visit Evernote's website.
Jobs You May Like
Product Manager (Pivotal Labs)
Pivotal Software, Toronto
Account Manager, Enterprise
Yext, London, UK
Database Administrator (MySQL)
Red Ventures, South Charlotte
Senior Software Engineer - Data
HouseCanary, San Francisco
Datto, Portland, OR
Associate Director, Quality Assurance Validation
Bluebird Bio, Durham, North Carolina, United States