Senior Software Engineer, Android
Evernote, Redwood City, CA
Organize your work and declutter your life
Evernote's Android team is an agile group of engineers and designers dedicated to making the best products for the Android platform. Our app is a winner of numerous design awards and perennial Top Developer and Editors Choice winner on Google Play. More importantly, Evernote for Android is a much-loved product by millions of global users.
As a Senior Android Engineer at Evernote, you will work with a small team to architect key user interfaces, network, camera, image processing, and storage infrastructure components.
- We believe in collaboration—the team’s effectiveness comes before the individual
- We’re tight-knit: engineers, designers, PMs, and QA all work together every single day to make excellent software
- We love innovation, and continuously look for the best ways to tackle a problem
We collaborate with Google, Samsung and various other partners, which provides opportunity to work with some of the latest software and hardware technologies.
You’ll be a fit for the team if you’re always looking for elegant solutions, and love the challenge of solving hard technical challenges simply to create a phenomenal user experience.
What you'll do
- Be responsible for the entire implementation process from design to release for key features
- Evaluate new technologies and device platforms and provide feasibility assessments and accurate estimates for project implementations
- Already great at work on both effectively crafting an optimal user experience and architecting scalable and reliable systems
- You will develop unit tests and code documentation
- Use your expertise to define an innovative roadmap for our Android product
- Opportunity to contribute to open source projects
What you've done
- You have at least 8 years of real-world experience developing software, including at least 3 years innovating on Android
- You have expert level Java experience, Kotlin experience, understanding of RxJava, and Android application development
- Apply proven computer science and object oriented design principles to creating an elegant mobile user experience
- Enjoy improving an existing architecture
- Ability to debug complex issues using experience with concurrent programming and working in low memory situations
- Experience optimizing storage infrastructures including SQL databases and memory mapped object stores
- Familiarity with test-driven development and rapid release cycles
- Deep understanding of UI design principles
- You are passionate about learning new technologies, tools, and platforms
- You have a BS in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
Evernote transforms the way you work. We design products that fuel inspiration for your projects, from start to finish. With Evernote, collect and organize material that molds your work. Easily find everything when you need it, from handwritten notes to photos. As your project takes shape, present it to colleagues. Turn notes into a beautiful presentation you can display in a screen-friendly format. Our goal is to make you work smarter. Our job is to make sure you get there.
Want to learn more about Evernote? Visit Evernote's website.
Jobs You May Like
Freshly, Savage MD
Automation Engineer, Labview - Contractor
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
Paytm Labs, Noida, Bangalore
Senior Software Engineer
foodora Germany, Berlin
Ingénieur logiciel - sécurité mobile - FR
Shopify, Montreal, Canada
Executive Project Manager (w/m)