Principal Mobile Engineer - Android + React Native
Evernote, USA, Chile, India
Organize your work and declutter your life
About the role
Evernote is a place for individuals and teams to assemble, nurture, and share ideas in any form. We’ve assembled an incredibly hardworking, diverse, and high-energy team to build products that impact the lives of millions of people around the world. Our employees enjoy access to the best tools available, an open and collaborative work environment, and end each day knowing that they’ve made a tangible impact.
The Evernote app is available across platforms on desktop, mobile, or on the web, meaning your ideas are always with you, always accessible, and always in sync. We believe that no idea is too big to lead or too small to matter, and continually develop a service and reputation based on innovation and trust.
What you'll do
- Partner with Director of Mobile Engineering to define engineering roadmap
- Contribute to solving the hardest performance challenges on our mobile app, which translate directly to the most important user experiences to improve.
- Define and maintain our mobile application architecture, code, test, and release standards, and evangelize these all contributors
- Serve as gatekeeper for our core mobile application, ensuring that new contributions follow standards
- Mentor members of your team, as well as contributing engineers from other teams
- Drive performance instrumentation and improvement
- Collaborate with product managers, design leaders, and engineering leaders to define, build and architect new customer-facing features using native and ReactNative.
What you’ve done
- Several years of experience as an Android software engineer, with deep knowledge of Android application architecture and development
- Worked with a heavily data oriented application with a large customer base - our app supports meta data for 100k notes for a customer and millions of users can get started in under 10 seconds with a new Android phone
- Supported user experiences that require optimizations to support expensive network and local storage interactions
- Led a group of mobile engineers in an individual capacity
- Created high-level and low-level mobile/app software designs, and written testable code
- US Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Who you are
- You are a lead mobile engineer, and actively contribute to architecting and developing the most complex parts of your team/company's signature mobile application
- You are immersed Android native development, and have experience or interest in ReactNative
- You have extensive experience with scale and performance of mobile applications
- You enjoy mentoring junior and mid-level engineers on your team, and you help those around you improve
- You work comfortably with people in different time zones
- Experience with React Native apps.
- Experience with MVVM/ MVP.
- Experience with various testing patterns.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Evernote. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global Evernote Community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.
Evernote transforms the way you work. We design products that fuel inspiration for your projects, from start to finish. With Evernote, collect and organize material that molds your work. Easily find everything when you need it, from handwritten notes to photos. As your project takes shape, present it to colleagues. Turn notes into a beautiful presentation you can display in a screen-friendly format. Our goal is to make you work smarter. Our job is to make sure you get there.
Want to learn more about Evernote? Visit Evernote's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.