Evernote, Redwood City, CA; Austin, TX; San Diego, CA; Bothell, WA
Organize your work and declutter your life
About the Role
Evernote is looking for a CFO to help lead the company's next stage of growth. This key member of our management team will partner closely with our CEO, board and management team to help accelerate Evernote’s growth, and lead a top notch Bay Area-based finance and accounting organization. This role reports directly to Evernote’s Chief Executive Officer and can be based in any of our US offices (Redwood City CA, Austin TX, San Diego CA, or Bothell WA).
The CFO is responsible for
- Working with CEO and management team to develop and enable the company’s long and short term strategy
- Leading board conversations related to financial strategy, performance and results
- All financial and accounting functions, including financial modeling, multi-year forecasting, analysis, budgeting, accounting, management of receivables and payables, purchasing process, payroll and expense management, cash and currency management, tax (domestic and international) compliance and strategy, and cost allocations
- Inter-company reporting and compliance including transfer pricing and cost plus agreements
- All equity, debt and banking functions, including cap table management, cap table strategy, investor relations, debt strategy, negotiation and management, and financial institution/investment banking relationships
- All audit-related functions, including audit relationship, successful and timely completion of audits including foreign subsidiary audits, and Audit Committee interactions
- Enhancing and maintaining a strong partnership with HR, legal, commerce systems and growth teams
The successful candidate will
- Be a true finance partner who is analytically strong, able to get into the details of the business, and helps us work through key decisions around pricing, campaigns, advertising, etc. including financing for ROI-driven user acquisition strategies
- Be a true strategic partner who engages authoritatively in management- and board-level discussions about financial and company strategy
- Drive and operate agile and effective planning, budgeting, forecasting and cash flow management processes
- Keep the regular finance and accounting rhythms of a business with millions of consumer transactions each year running reliably and accurately
- Lead M&A and fundraising discussions as needed
- Have experience and a passion for leading teams, and for developing and retaining talent
- Act as thought and execution partner to the CEO in helping identify and navigate to an appropriate liquidity event for the company at the appropriate time
- Be able and willing to get into the trenches and do the work when needed, while also always holding on to the big picture view
- Be a no-drama, team player who models and demonstrates integrity, agility and drive
- Proven experience running company or BU finance teams at the $100M and up level
- Proven experience leading debt and equity financing and negotiating exits
- Sector and FP&A experience with SaaS businesses
- Solid understanding of GAAP and accrual accounting
- Experience with international revenue and accounting as well as international operations
- Venture backed startup experience
- Experience managing audits
Nice to haves
- Consumer subscription apps experience
- Experience with public company finance/accounting standards a plus
- Passion for productivity, and Evernote in particular
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Evernote. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global Evernote Community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.
Evernote transforms the way you work. We design products that fuel inspiration for your projects, from start to finish. With Evernote, collect and organize material that molds your work. Easily find everything when you need it, from handwritten notes to photos. As your project takes shape, present it to colleagues. Turn notes into a beautiful presentation you can display in a screen-friendly format. Our goal is to make you work smarter. Our job is to make sure you get there.
Want to learn more about Evernote? Visit Evernote's website.
If you're passionate about trading & technology, you'll find success.