Senior Software Engineer - eCommerce
Evernote, Austin, TX; Bothell, WA; San Diego, CA; Redwood City, CA; Remote; Raleigh-Durham, NC
Organize your work and declutter your life
About the team
Evernote aspires to make people more successful by offering technology to improve their thinking, organization and productivity, while building an incredible company in the process. As an engineer on Evernote’s Growth Commerce team you’ll design and build features on Evernote’s payments platform. On the payments team you will develop, build, certify and operate complex systems that allow our millions of customers to purchase Evernote. The team’s work ensures that the over 220 million users who rely on Evernote have fast, reliable, secure access to their notes.
We are looking for engineers who are passionate about building products and writing immaculate, well-engineered code. Maybe you are in your element debugging multithreading snafus to make sure we never lose our users’ data, or perhaps you prefer outdoing designers in your pursuit of pixel-perfection or maybe a little bit of both and more. You are pragmatic in balancing priorities and enjoy working in an iterative model where specifications are constantly changing. This is a meaningful role in the engineering organization and is a phenomenal opportunity for an engineer to hone their skills on a high-volume, high-demand system.
What you’ll do
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of new features and existing systems that process Evernote’s subscription billing for millions of users. Produce code that provides access to data, job scheduling, business logic and reporting.
- Design and implement high-volume, low-latency, transaction processing systems in the production environment.
- Lift the skills and expertise of others on the team as a technical leader to improve engineering processes and overall excellence.
- Work cross-functionally with our product team and other engineering teams to help create a highly stable product.
- Implement new subscription billing and payment features to increase subscription growth and customer self service.
- Take a lead role on major deliverables and complex technical problems.
- Contribute to maintaining the team's positive, friendly, and fast-paced working environment.
What you’ve done
- You have 6+ years of professional industry experience building web-based, full stack software systems.
- Experience developing and building business logic with 3rd party APIs
- Proficient in at least one industry-adopted language. Prefer experience in Java and or TypeScript but not required.
- Practical experience with relational databases and large data sets, particularly with MySQL databases.
- You are dedicated to writing reliable, testable, maintainable, and performant code.
- You are able to communicate complex concepts clearly and succinctly.
- You’ve earned a B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or gained equivalent experience.
- Bonus if you have experience with Google Cloud Services, Zuora, Adyen, Apple In-App purchasing or Google Play In-App purchasing.
- Bonus if you have knowledge about subscription billing and payments processing.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Evernote. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global Evernote Community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.
Evernote transforms the way you work. We design products that fuel inspiration for your projects, from start to finish. With Evernote, collect and organize material that molds your work. Easily find everything when you need it, from handwritten notes to photos. As your project takes shape, present it to colleagues. Turn notes into a beautiful presentation you can display in a screen-friendly format. Our goal is to make you work smarter. Our job is to make sure you get there.
Want to learn more about Evernote? Visit Evernote's website.
Wholesale’s leading digital marketplace and data exchange