We at Everwise, a Sequoia-backed company, are reinventing talent development by connecting professionals with the people and resources they need to be successful at every stage in their career. We work with some of the top companies in the world, including Salesforce, Lyft, GitHub, Virgin, and Apple.
About Engineering @ Everwise
We're a diverse engineering team based in NYC, who come from all walks of life. We have successful start-up experience and embrace processes and technologies that amplify output. Day-to-day we leverage Ruby, React, Redux, AWS, and Postgres. We're very adaptable and looking for someone who welcomes the opportunity to solve a broad range of problems using a wide array of technologies.
You're a talented senior engineer who has experience developing web or mobile clients from the ground up and is passionate about doing work that matters. You'll be working closely with a number of teams, including Product, to make a real impact here.
What You'll Do
- Develop and maintain Everwise's SaaS cloud-based web applications
- Identify scaling bottlenecks and propose solutions
- Research, test, and benchmark new technologies
- Design and communicate coding standards and architectural plans
- Lead design of front-end framework using React and application framework using Rails
- Work closely with Product/UX to deliver simple and intuitive desktop and mobile solutions
What You'll Need
- 5+ years of experience with large scale, high traffic/performance web applications
- Experience with Ruby on Rails or related MVC web frameworks (Python/Node.js/php etc.)
- Expert experience with object-oriented programming and design patterns
- Significant experience building scalable, distributed systems
- Significant experience with Sql/NoSql and database technologies as they relate to application development.
- Understanding of unit and functional testing best practices
- Command of DevOps, CI, and deployment engineering (Docker, Ansible, Nginx, and Unicorn are bonuses)
- Cloud experience including redundancy, security and scalability strategies
The Senior Software Engineer role offers a competitive compensation plan. We also offer a full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401K, paid time off (PTO), employee stock option plan, mentorship, and transit benefits.
Everwise connects employees to the people, development resources, and experiences they need to succeed at every stage of their career.
Be a Better Everwise Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Everwise when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Everwise? Visit Everwise's website.
Jobs You May Like
Sr. Embedded Software Engineer
Ring Inc., Santa Monica, CA
Okta, Sydney, Australia
MyFitnessPal, San Francisco, CA
Full Stack Engineer (Front End focus)
ThirdLove, Cordoba, Argentina
Software Engineers: Mid–Senior Level
Usermind, Seattle, WA