We at Everwise, a Sequoia-backed company, are reinventing talent development by connecting professionals with the people and resources they need to be successful at every stage in their career. We work with some of the top companies in the world, including Salesforce, Lyft, GitHub, Virgin, and Apple.
As a key member of the finance team, this position is responsible for processing transactions and executing monthly close procedures, account reconciliations, and financial analysis and reporting activities for various areas of the Company’s financials
Role and Responsibilites:
- Provide leadership to the accounting operations and financial reporting function by helping to build, streamline, automate, and continuously improve processes and internal controls
- Manage month-end account close procedures and perform reconciliations of general ledger accounts, including but not limited to bank accounts, capital assets, prepaid expenses and monthly accruals
- Manage quote to cash process, including invoicing customers, revenue recognition, applying customer payments to customer accounts, reconciling customer accounts, managing the AR reserve, and generating and reviewing AR aging reports if needed
- Design and implement informative financial results reports to meet the needs of the business
- Provide analysis on financial results (actual vs. budget, trends, and performance metrics) and assist in preparation of annual budgets
- Assist with the execution of year-end financial audits
- Process employee expense reports
- Review expense reports for compliance with our company policies and request changes and/or documentation from the employee as needed.
- Record expense reports in the general ledger, ensuring correct expense classification on the general ledger.
- Perform chart of accounts maintenance including creation and termination of new accounts, departments, etc., migration to new departmental or other structures, and maintenance of rollup groups and structures
- Assist with implementation of new financials systems, train relevant team members and help resolve technical problems
- Preparation of ad hoc and routine reporting as needed
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required in Accounting/Finance
- Four to six years of experience in accounting related functions is required
- CPA is a plus
- Strong financial systems background
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong analytical skills, detail-oriented and highly organized
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Ability to mine and manipulate data (strong excel skills)
- Highly motivated, professional and hard working
Qualifications | Recommended
- Experience with Xero, Salesforce, and Expensify is a plus
The Senior Accountant role offers a competitive compensation plan. We also offer a full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401K, paid time off (PTO), employee stock option plan, mentorship, and transit benefits.
We look forward to hearing from you!!
Everwise connects employees to the people, development resources, and experiences they need to succeed at every stage of their career.
Be a Better Everwise Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Everwise when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Everwise? Visit www.geteverwise.com
Jobs You May Like
Legal Trainee, Germany
Airbnb, Berlin, Germany
Public Policy Manager
Lyft, Chicago, IL
Team Lead, Fraud Operations
Wish, San Francisco, United States
Sailthru, New York
Senior Financial Applications Analyst
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
Senior Tax Analyst, Production Tax
Netflix, Los Angeles, California