Experience Manager, Mentoring Partnerships (Remote)
Everwise, New York
Changing the world, one career at a time
This is not a sales or account management role. Experience Managers work directly with the proteges and mentors in our programs to gain an understanding of what folks want to work on and what they have to offer - and then play a supporting role to ensure great outcomes for mentoring partnerships.
About Everwise. We at Everwise, a Sequoia-backed company, are reinventing talent development by connecting professionals with the people and resources they need to be successful at every stage in their career. We work with some of the top companies in the world, including Salesforce, Lyft, GitHub, Virgin, and Apple.
We have experience. Our diverse leadership team includes serial entrepreneurs with the experience needed to build lasting companies from the ground up. Even though Everwise is headquartered in New York City with offices in San Francisco and Minneapolis, our Experience Managers can work from the comfort of their own home offices!
What We Need From You
Experience Managers work directly with our program participants to get folks enrolled, matched and supported throughout their learning experience.
Do you love talking to people? Do you get excited about helping people realize their dreams (for real)? Do you throw a bit of high-powered organization into the mix to keep the trains running on time?
If so... read on. (Now we're going to get serious)
Here's How It Works
Experience Managers work across four primary areas:
- Ensure all participants (mentors and protégés) complete initial profile
- Interview participants to orient them in the program and get a feel for their goals, needs, and skills
- Conduct mentoring partnership match process, accommodating protégé needs and mentor preferences throughout the process
- Launch and orient partnerships to facilitate a strong start to their learning experience and mentoring partnership
- Monitor active partnerships (mentor and protégé) at set intervals throughout the duration of the mentoring partnership through phone conversations and monitoring surveys completed by participants
- Partner with participants (either protégé or mentor) to coach or problem-solve any issues the partners experience
- Provide suggestions and/or resources upon request of participants
- Help partnerships bring the mentoring relationship to closure
- Match protégés and mentors in a timely fashion
- Use technology available to conduct matching
- Utilize matching best practices and reinforce matching philosophy
- Trigger communication for all program participants at each step of the process
- Utilize technology platform to manage participant onboarding and support processes
- Maintain and update technology platform to ensure quality of participant information
- Analyze operational processes, recommend and implement procedural changes to improve execution and participant satisfaction
Bachelor’s degree in business, management, HR or similar OR three years of experience in lieu of degree 5+ Years of experience in customer service or account management role
Successful applicants will be able to:
- Interview individuals using probing questions to gain relevant data
- Effectively frame questions and perform needs-based consultation
- Build rapport quickly and virtually
- Easily move between tactical and strategic thinking
- Assimilate information for the purpose of matching protégés and mentors
- Build strong, trusting relationships
- Have the ability to learn and master new technology systems
- Be facile with standard information and communication technology (MS Office, Webinar Technology, Skype, etc.)
- Have solid organizational skills
- Prioritize customer service
- Understand active listening
- Highly adaptable to change in a rapid paced environment
- Be comfortable working in a virtual (home office) setting
$25 per hour for training period, $30 per hour thereafter for a 40 hour week.
Everwise connects employees to the people, development resources, and experiences they need to succeed at every stage of their career.
Be a Better Everwise Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Everwise when you watch classes taught by their top employees.