- Work with a growing team to research and investigate cases using a combination of transactional information, customer due diligence, case management system information, web-based compliance tools, and open source searches.
- Apply diligence in reviewing files and data to identify deficiencies, discrepancies, and omissions.
- Review negative news, sanctions, and/or Politically Exposed Persons (PEP) alerts.
- Investigate and/or escalate any identified risk factors.
- Exercise independence in recommending cases for escalation or closure.
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships with colleagues and clients.
Knowledge & Skills
- Strong analytical and research skills.
- Solid communication (written and verbal) and organizational skills.
- Ability to deliver high quality work in a fast-paced, high volume environment with strict deadlines.
- Strong commitment to continuous improvement and learning, with an openness to receiving feedback and training.
- Team player with high level of initiative and a proactive approach to work.
- Ability to work effectively in a team as well as independently; takes ownership of tasks and follow up to ensure that they are successfully brought to completion.
- Ability to utilize technology to solve problems.
- Keen interest in the banking and financial services sector.
Professional Experience Required
- Proficient written and verbal English language skills.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- 0-2 years of professional experience.
- Reading proficiency in Portuguese
Never before has the balance between business opportunity and regulatory risk been so tenuous. Exiger addresses this challenge head-on by developing sustainable compliance programs that meet today’s strict regulatory requirements while acknowledging that businesses cannot afford to play it safe. In a world where the fastest path to driving shareholder value is to expand into developing – often high-risk – economies, Exiger helps financial institutions, multinational corporations, and governmental agencies pursue their strategic goals with the confidence that regulatory change will not alter their course.Exiger was formed by a group of leading authorities on financial crimes compliance to solve some of the most complex problems confronting business today. The firm arms financial institutions and multinational corporations with the practical expertise and tools they need to prevent breaches in compliance, respond to risk intelligence, remediate gaps and monitor ongoing business activities.Initially launched to lead the court-appointed Monitorship of HSBC – the most comprehensive Monitoring assignment ever awarded by the Department of Justice – Exiger is entrusted with evaluating the effectiveness of internal compliance controls used by the $2.7 trillion banking institution across approximately 6,000 offices operating in nearly 70 countries around the world.In addition to its Monitorship work, Exiger guides a wide range of clients around the world through the process of managing the worst-case scenario compliance challenges and implementing the programs they need to prevent them in the future.
Want to learn more about Exiger? Visit Exiger's website.
Jobs You May Like
Bright Health, Minneapolis, MN