- Using AML, CDD, sanctions and/or ABC expertise, assess the design and operational effectiveness of key financial crime compliance (“FCC”) controls.
- Assess the materiality and impact of implemented controls on the business-as-usual FCC control environment.
- Validate the completion and sustainability of newly implemented processes and controls.
- Make FCC program recommendations based testing results, designed to address key identified risks and root causes of control issues.
Knowledge & Skills
- Possess strong quantitative and qualitative audit and testing skills.
- Ability to effectively develop and execute audit work plans, and produce high-quality work product under strict deadlines.
- Understanding of IT controls and FCC systems such as screening and transaction monitoring systems a plus.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent communication (written and verbal), numerical, and organisational skills.
- Ability to regularly communicate status (to both internal and external clients).
- Ability to adapt quickly in handling multiple/evolving tasks as a result of new engagements and/or re-prioritized deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently.
- Ability to utilize technology to solve complex problems.
- Ability to provide quality assurance.
- Knowledge of the AML, Sanctions and ABC regulatory framework in the UK and the European Union (E.U.) and BSA/AML & OFAC regulations.
- Understanding and use of data analytics a plus.
Professional Experience Required
- Bachelor's degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of industry experience as a practitioner and/or consultant in Big 4 or other major consulting firm working in financial, regulatory, and/or FCC services.
- Computer and Internet proficient, with mastery of Microsoft applications required.
- Proficient written and verbal English language skills.
- Ability to travel within the UK, E.U. and E.E.A. area.
Never before has the balance between business opportunity and regulatory risk been so tenuous. Exiger addresses this challenge head-on by developing sustainable compliance programs that meet today’s strict regulatory requirements while acknowledging that businesses cannot afford to play it safe. In a world where the fastest path to driving shareholder value is to expand into developing – often high-risk – economies, Exiger helps financial institutions, multinational corporations, and governmental agencies pursue their strategic goals with the confidence that regulatory change will not alter their course.Exiger was formed by a group of leading authorities on financial crimes compliance to solve some of the most complex problems confronting business today. The firm arms financial institutions and multinational corporations with the practical expertise and tools they need to prevent breaches in compliance, respond to risk intelligence, remediate gaps and monitor ongoing business activities.Initially launched to lead the court-appointed Monitorship of HSBC – the most comprehensive Monitoring assignment ever awarded by the Department of Justice – Exiger is entrusted with evaluating the effectiveness of internal compliance controls used by the $2.7 trillion banking institution across approximately 6,000 offices operating in nearly 70 countries around the world.In addition to its Monitorship work, Exiger guides a wide range of clients around the world through the process of managing the worst-case scenario compliance challenges and implementing the programs they need to prevent them in the future.
Want to learn more about Exiger? Visit Exiger's website.
19 Active Jobs
Software that predicts technology trends.