Advisory Services - Project based, FCC - Data Analytics Expert (EMEA)
Exiger, London, UK
- Scoping and supporting the delivery of analytical work.
- Management and quality control of development and analysis work streams in a wide range of project contexts.
- Evaluating new technologies to expand the scope of the team’s work and improve its efficiency.
- Documenting your analysis in a comprehensive manner such that it can be shared with clients.
Knowledge & Skills
- Intermediate to advanced level experience in SQL.
- Advanced in Excel.
- Data analysis experience including use of relevant software (e.g. R, VBA, Hadoop, Hive, Neo4J, i2, ibase).
- Reporting and data visualization tools (e.g. Microsoft SSRS, Tableau, Qlikview).
- Some scripting or programming knowledge (e.g. C#, VB.net, Java, Python).
- Experience working on projects for external clients.
- Understanding of the financial services industry.
- Model Validation and/or aggressive testing experience.
- Proven quantitative, analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Questioning mind set.
Professional Experience Required
- 5-6 years experience in a related field.
- Experience in financial services.
- Education to degree level or equivalent experience, ideally acquired in a technical or quantitative discipline.
- Experience working with payment and customer screening systems.
- Experience in financial institutions working on anti-money laundering and transaction monitoring systems.
- Relevant postgraduate or professional qualifications.
- The ability to independently query, analyse and interpret data from a wide variety of information systems.
- A desire to understand business problems and to evaluate the results of your work in a business context.
- Communication skills that you can adapt to technical and non-technical audiences.
- The availability and willingness to travel based on client needs and business objectives.
Never before has the balance between business opportunity and regulatory risk been so tenuous. Exiger addresses this challenge head-on by developing sustainable compliance programs that meet today’s strict regulatory requirements while acknowledging that businesses cannot afford to play it safe. In a world where the fastest path to driving shareholder value is to expand into developing – often high-risk – economies, Exiger helps financial institutions, multinational corporations, and governmental agencies pursue their strategic goals with the confidence that regulatory change will not alter their course.Exiger was formed by a group of leading authorities on financial crimes compliance to solve some of the most complex problems confronting business today. The firm arms financial institutions and multinational corporations with the practical expertise and tools they need to prevent breaches in compliance, respond to risk intelligence, remediate gaps and monitor ongoing business activities.Initially launched to lead the court-appointed Monitorship of HSBC – the most comprehensive Monitoring assignment ever awarded by the Department of Justice – Exiger is entrusted with evaluating the effectiveness of internal compliance controls used by the $2.7 trillion banking institution across approximately 6,000 offices operating in nearly 70 countries around the world.In addition to its Monitorship work, Exiger guides a wide range of clients around the world through the process of managing the worst-case scenario compliance challenges and implementing the programs they need to prevent them in the future.
Want to learn more about Exiger? Visit Exiger's website.
33 Active Jobs
Help the world share their story