- Extensive primary and secondary research using a variety of open-source web-based tools.
- Identification of pertinent information and development of useful insights into the subject.
- Write clear, concise, and thorough reports for clients.
- Learn to own cases from start to finish with review of cases by senior researchers.
- Assist with research, writing, and editing of large and complex cases.
- Commitment to integrity and thoroughness of research.
- Assist with case administration and team organization.
- Collaborate with colleagues in Hong Kong and other locations of the global Exiger Diligence team.
Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent writing skills.
- Rigorous attention to detail.
- Superior comprehension and analytical abilities.
- Excellent logical thinking.
- Ability to work in fast-paced and self-driven environment.
- Ability to manage and prioritize several projects and assignments simultaneously.
- Organizational and time management competency required.
- Basic knowledge of legal system and politics in Asian countries such as China, Malaysia, Singapore, or Indonesia in order to understand political exposure/connections.
Professional Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 0-2 years of relevant work experience.
- Keen interest in the banking and financial services sector and regulations, current events and international affairs.
- Professional fluency/proficiency in English.
- Professional fluency/proficiency in Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), or Bahasa Malaysia / Bahasa Indonesia.
- Professional fluency/proficiency in a second Asian language such as Hindi, Thai, Korean, Vietnamese or other Asian languages a plus,
Never before has the balance between business opportunity and regulatory risk been so tenuous. Exiger addresses this challenge head-on by developing sustainable compliance programs that meet today’s strict regulatory requirements while acknowledging that businesses cannot afford to play it safe. In a world where the fastest path to driving shareholder value is to expand into developing – often high-risk – economies, Exiger helps financial institutions, multinational corporations, and governmental agencies pursue their strategic goals with the confidence that regulatory change will not alter their course.Exiger was formed by a group of leading authorities on financial crimes compliance to solve some of the most complex problems confronting business today. The firm arms financial institutions and multinational corporations with the practical expertise and tools they need to prevent breaches in compliance, respond to risk intelligence, remediate gaps and monitor ongoing business activities.Initially launched to lead the court-appointed Monitorship of HSBC – the most comprehensive Monitoring assignment ever awarded by the Department of Justice – Exiger is entrusted with evaluating the effectiveness of internal compliance controls used by the $2.7 trillion banking institution across approximately 6,000 offices operating in nearly 70 countries around the world.In addition to its Monitorship work, Exiger guides a wide range of clients around the world through the process of managing the worst-case scenario compliance challenges and implementing the programs they need to prevent them in the future.
Want to learn more about Exiger? Visit Exiger's website.
264 Active Jobs
High-energy group fitness in your living room