- Delivery of analytical work on a wide range of cases. Team members are expected to provide high quality work-product as needed while also providing insights and recommendations to other team members.
- Types of work include, but are not limited to:
- Data lineage assessments.
- Transaction Monitoring tuning and optimization work.
- Sanctions screening functionality assessments.
- Systems coverage assessments.
- Model validations for Financial Crime related systems.
- Data quality and data governance analysis including identification of critical data elements, and measurements of data quality at different points on the data journey.
- Leveraging skills and experience to support the development of proposals and marketing propositions.
- Evaluating new technologies to expand the scope of the team’s work and improve its efficiency.
- Contributing to the firm’s talent agenda and helping to create a more inclusive culture.
Opportunity & Engagements
- Compliance Program Assessments, AML Transaction Analysis (Look Back), AML Know Your Customer Due Diligence, AML Enterprise-Wide and Customer Risk Assessments, AML and Sanctions Independent Testing and AML Technology Consulting.
- Design, review, enhancement, implementation, and monitoring of numerous anti-money laundering, sanctions, fraud, market abuse and insider trading detection compliance programs for clients around the world.
- Engagements may include assessing AML risk at the enterprise and business unit level, compliance assessments, transaction monitoring "look backs" pursuant to regulatory orders, Know Your Customer (“KYC”) remediations, internal controls assessments, internal investigations, and independent testing.
Knowledge & Skills
- Data analytics, pattern analysis, assessment reviews and anomaly detection.
- Model Validation.
- Intermediate level experience in SQL.
- Strong Microsoft Office, especially Excel skills.
- Data analysis experience including use of relevant software (e.g. R, Python, VBA, etc.).
- Data loading and data transformations primarily focused on Microsoft SQL Server - other database technologies are nice to have.
- Knowledge of reporting and data visualization tools (e.g. Microsoft PowerBI, Tableau, Qlikview, Excel).
- Understanding of the financial services industry.
- Communication skills that you can adapt to technical and non-technical audiences.
- The ability to independently query, analyze and interpret data from a wide variety of information systems.
Professional Experience Required
- Education to degree level or equivalent experience, ideally acquired in a technical or quantitative discipline.
- Proven quantitative, analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- A desire to understand business problems and to evaluate the results of your work in a business context.
- Experience working on projects for external clients.
- Experience with off-the-shelf financial crime solutions is nice to have (e.g. Fircosoft, Actimize, PRIME BSA, PRIME OFAC, Oracle Watchlist Screening (OWS) and Bridger Insight XG).
- The availability and willingness to travel based on client needs and business objectives.
Never before has the balance between business opportunity and regulatory risk been so tenuous. Exiger addresses this challenge head-on by developing sustainable compliance programs that meet today’s strict regulatory requirements while acknowledging that businesses cannot afford to play it safe. In a world where the fastest path to driving shareholder value is to expand into developing – often high-risk – economies, Exiger helps financial institutions, multinational corporations, and governmental agencies pursue their strategic goals with the confidence that regulatory change will not alter their course.Exiger was formed by a group of leading authorities on financial crimes compliance to solve some of the most complex problems confronting business today. The firm arms financial institutions and multinational corporations with the practical expertise and tools they need to prevent breaches in compliance, respond to risk intelligence, remediate gaps and monitor ongoing business activities.Initially launched to lead the court-appointed Monitorship of HSBC – the most comprehensive Monitoring assignment ever awarded by the Department of Justice – Exiger is entrusted with evaluating the effectiveness of internal compliance controls used by the $2.7 trillion banking institution across approximately 6,000 offices operating in nearly 70 countries around the world.In addition to its Monitorship work, Exiger guides a wide range of clients around the world through the process of managing the worst-case scenario compliance challenges and implementing the programs they need to prevent them in the future.
Want to learn more about Exiger? Visit Exiger's website.
61 Active Jobs
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.