- Extensive primary and secondary research using a variety of open-source web-based tools.
- Identification of pertinent information and development of useful insights into the subject.
- Mastery of research processes.
- Write clear, concise and thorough reports for clients.
- Complete research, writing and editing of cases of all levels of complexity.
- Manage cases from request to client submission.
- Assist with training of Research Associates and Research Interns.
- May be called upon to review casework completed by others for content and editorial accuracy.
- Commitment to integrity and thoroughness of research.
- Travel may be required under certain circumstances.
Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent writing skills.
- Rigorous attention to detail.
- Superior comprehension and analytical abilities.
- Excellent logical deductive skills.
- Ability to work in fast-paced and self-driven environment.
- Ability to manage and prioritize several projects and assignments simultaneously.
- Organizational and time management competency required.
- Ability to mentor others.
- Understanding of current events, international affairs, financial regulations, economics and/or finance.
- Professional fluency/proficiency in a foreign language with a particular emphasis on Chinese, Spanish or Portuguese a plus.
Professional Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience.
Never before has the balance between business opportunity and regulatory risk been so tenuous. Exiger addresses this challenge head-on by developing sustainable compliance programs that meet today’s strict regulatory requirements while acknowledging that businesses cannot afford to play it safe. In a world where the fastest path to driving shareholder value is to expand into developing – often high-risk – economies, Exiger helps financial institutions, multinational corporations, and governmental agencies pursue their strategic goals with the confidence that regulatory change will not alter their course.Exiger was formed by a group of leading authorities on financial crimes compliance to solve some of the most complex problems confronting business today. The firm arms financial institutions and multinational corporations with the practical expertise and tools they need to prevent breaches in compliance, respond to risk intelligence, remediate gaps and monitor ongoing business activities.Initially launched to lead the court-appointed Monitorship of HSBC – the most comprehensive Monitoring assignment ever awarded by the Department of Justice – Exiger is entrusted with evaluating the effectiveness of internal compliance controls used by the $2.7 trillion banking institution across approximately 6,000 offices operating in nearly 70 countries around the world.In addition to its Monitorship work, Exiger guides a wide range of clients around the world through the process of managing the worst-case scenario compliance challenges and implementing the programs they need to prevent them in the future.
Want to learn more about Exiger? Visit Exiger's website.
144 Active Jobs
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one