- Manage and supervise an initial team of six Analysts
- Perform and supervise the day-to-day activities of projects including interaction with client personnel, team members, and professionals from other firms involved in the engagement.
- Take leading role in managing client engagements, preparing reports and schedules that will be delivered to clients and other parties.
- Liaise with key Advisory leadership based in London and New York.
- Maintain industry knowledge and understand clients, both existing and emerging
- Extensive primary and secondary research using a variety of open-source, web-based tools
- Identification of pertinent information and development of useful insights into the subject mastery of research process
- Review and perform quality control checks on Analyst work
- Manage cases and long-term projects
- Demonstrate a commitment to integrity and thoroughness of research
- Coordinate with operations to establish scalable processes and procedures to govern the execution of client work
- Liaise with operations and management to ensure processes are optimized, addressing inefficiencies and process gaps in a timely and thorough manner.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with colleagues and clients
- Maintain detailed work-paper records of assumptions, methodologies, and information sources utilized during the performance of all analytical tasks.
Knowledge & Skills
- Strong demonstration of people leadership
- Excellent and demonstrated analytical ability
- Strong and demonstrated written communication and editing skills
- Strong oral communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail, focus on execution of tasks, and adaptability to meet changing priorities.
- Commitment to final deliverables and ability to maintain focus on end goal.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, plan work activities and use time efficiently.
- Experience working with the online information resources commonly used in investigative research (e.g. LexisNexis, Westlaw, Factiva, etc.) preferred.
- Experience with anti-money laundering, sanctions or anti-corruption; audit, accounting, fraud, or white-collar investigations; KYC, transaction monitoring; or eDiscovery
- Ability to adapt quickly in handling multiple / evolving tasks as a result of new engagements and/or re-prioritized deadlines.
- Ability to utilize technology to solve complex problems.
- Experience using technology to solve complex problems or address manual process inefficiencies
- Flexible working schedule and willingness to occasionally attend calls outside of local 9-5pm working hours in order to coordinate with global colleagues and clients
- Even-keeled disposition and polished demeanor
- Ability to collaborate and develop strong and productive working relationships
Professional Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 6-8 years of industry experience primarily in a KYC department.
- 3-5 years of experience as a KYC Team Lead or Manager
- Strong demonstration of people leadership
- Advanced analytical and issue resolution ability and problem solving is essential.
- Computer and Internet proficient, with mastery of Microsoft applications required.
- Additional language skills are a plus.
Never before has the balance between business opportunity and regulatory risk been so tenuous. Exiger addresses this challenge head-on by developing sustainable compliance programs that meet today’s strict regulatory requirements while acknowledging that businesses cannot afford to play it safe. In a world where the fastest path to driving shareholder value is to expand into developing – often high-risk – economies, Exiger helps financial institutions, multinational corporations, and governmental agencies pursue their strategic goals with the confidence that regulatory change will not alter their course.Exiger was formed by a group of leading authorities on financial crimes compliance to solve some of the most complex problems confronting business today. The firm arms financial institutions and multinational corporations with the practical expertise and tools they need to prevent breaches in compliance, respond to risk intelligence, remediate gaps and monitor ongoing business activities.Initially launched to lead the court-appointed Monitorship of HSBC – the most comprehensive Monitoring assignment ever awarded by the Department of Justice – Exiger is entrusted with evaluating the effectiveness of internal compliance controls used by the $2.7 trillion banking institution across approximately 6,000 offices operating in nearly 70 countries around the world.In addition to its Monitorship work, Exiger guides a wide range of clients around the world through the process of managing the worst-case scenario compliance challenges and implementing the programs they need to prevent them in the future.
Want to learn more about Exiger? Visit Exiger's website.
Wholesale’s leading digital marketplace and data exchange