- Work on audit and assurance projects of specific phases of individual projects/activities.
- Review and record KYC documentation and ensure paperwork is retained in line with company policy for client on-boarding and/or CDD/EDD refresh of customer information.
- Identify potentially suspicious or unusual activity within bank transactions (retail, wealth management, correspondent banking, etc).
- Research and investigate alerts/cases using a combination of transactional information, customer due diligence, case management system information, web-based compliance tools and open source searches.
- Conduct sanction and/or Politically Exposed Persons (PEP) screening and identify and investigate any risks.
- Apply diligence in reviewing KYC files to identify deficiencies, discrepancies and omissions.
- Independently recommend escalation or case closure to Team Lead or client personnel.
- Develop and maintain productive and professional working relationships with colleagues and clients.
Knowledge & Skills
- Deep understanding of audit and assurance methodologies.
- Strong analytical skills to apply quantitative and qualitative research for each investigation.
- Quantitative and qualitative audit skills including experiencing of using data analytic techniques .
- Deep understanding of FCC control frameworks and the roles and responsibilities across first, second and thord line of defence,
- Excellent problem solving, issue resolution, research, writing, and communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and sound judgment are a must.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills to discuss progress and status (to both internal colleagues and external clients).
- Demonstrate organizational skills to multi-task multiple priorities.
- Ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Adapt quickly to changing priorities as a result of change in project focus and/or shifting deadlines.
- Utilize surrounding resources such as technology to solve complex problems.
- Effective time management skills to develop and execute work plans within time constraints.
Professional Experience Required
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 5-7 years of experience in Audit, Transaction Monitoring, KYC or Compliance Testing.
- 5-7 years of experience in the banking industry, Foreign Banking experience a plus.
- Strong knowledge of relevant laws and regulations (USA Patriot Act, AML, FFIEC BSA/AML Examination Manual- KYC, CDD/EDD).
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel (filtering, sorting, pivot tables), Internet search techniques.
- Written and verbal proficiency in the English language is required. Additional language proficiencies are a plus.
- CAMS certification is a plus.
Never before has the balance between business opportunity and regulatory risk been so tenuous. Exiger addresses this challenge head-on by developing sustainable compliance programs that meet today’s strict regulatory requirements while acknowledging that businesses cannot afford to play it safe. In a world where the fastest path to driving shareholder value is to expand into developing – often high-risk – economies, Exiger helps financial institutions, multinational corporations, and governmental agencies pursue their strategic goals with the confidence that regulatory change will not alter their course.Exiger was formed by a group of leading authorities on financial crimes compliance to solve some of the most complex problems confronting business today. The firm arms financial institutions and multinational corporations with the practical expertise and tools they need to prevent breaches in compliance, respond to risk intelligence, remediate gaps and monitor ongoing business activities.Initially launched to lead the court-appointed Monitorship of HSBC – the most comprehensive Monitoring assignment ever awarded by the Department of Justice – Exiger is entrusted with evaluating the effectiveness of internal compliance controls used by the $2.7 trillion banking institution across approximately 6,000 offices operating in nearly 70 countries around the world.In addition to its Monitorship work, Exiger guides a wide range of clients around the world through the process of managing the worst-case scenario compliance challenges and implementing the programs they need to prevent them in the future.
Want to learn more about Exiger? Visit Exiger's website.
The social news and entertainment company.