Tech- Infrastructure Engineer (Devops- Windows and GCP)
Exiger, Toronto, Canada
- Be a key contributor to helping on new deployments on GCP cloud.
- Build, scale, and secure traditional services using innovative solutions.
- Manage VMs and collaborate with developers and business users to diagnose issues inside VMs.
- Automation and management of infrastructure services, application deployments, cloud services, monitoring and databases.
- Provide visibility into business and systems performance metrics, in support of capacity planning and business reports.
- Work closely with Development and Infrastructure teams to maintain, manage and enhance the platform.
- Expanding our configuration management infrastructure to enable rapid deployment of new services.
- Working with Information Security to perform security audits and proactively make recommendations/improvements.
- Deliver high-quality and durable systems that meet the specifications of our product management team on time and within budget.
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation.
Knowledge & Skills
- Comfortable working in a continuous deployment environment.
- Experience configuring, securing and managing Windows servers.
- Hands on experience in GCP environment including monitoring, Terraform, Cloud formation Templates (yaml), Kubernetes, MIGs, pub/sub, storage and compute & Chatbot.
- Experience hosting applications on GCP.
- Experience with managing SQLServer or MYSQL databases, including replication, and web servers and proxies like Nginx and IIS.
- Scripting and automation experience with Python, Powershell, CI/CD Pipelines, Runbooks, Jenkins, Ansible, Vagrant or Packer.
- Transformation of .Net Framework monolithic applications to micro services using Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with monitoring and log collection tools such as Datadog, Elastic, Sensu, InfluxDB and New Relic
- Experience working with SCM tools such as Git, GitHub, TFS and BitBucket.
- Familiarity with SOA, microservices, message queueing and relational database concepts. Experience working with third-partyand supporting internal/third-party RESTful web services and other APIs.and SOAP-based APIs.
- Ability to effectively work on multiple projects simultaneously and effectively contend with competing priorities.
Professional Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science preferred.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in Infrastructure Engineering.
- Experience with functional programming languages.
- Interest in information security technologies.
- Experience in the deployment of complex high availability applications.
- Experience with Solr and Hadoop would be considered an asset.
Never before has the balance between business opportunity and regulatory risk been so tenuous. Exiger addresses this challenge head-on by developing sustainable compliance programs that meet today’s strict regulatory requirements while acknowledging that businesses cannot afford to play it safe. In a world where the fastest path to driving shareholder value is to expand into developing – often high-risk – economies, Exiger helps financial institutions, multinational corporations, and governmental agencies pursue their strategic goals with the confidence that regulatory change will not alter their course.Exiger was formed by a group of leading authorities on financial crimes compliance to solve some of the most complex problems confronting business today. The firm arms financial institutions and multinational corporations with the practical expertise and tools they need to prevent breaches in compliance, respond to risk intelligence, remediate gaps and monitor ongoing business activities.Initially launched to lead the court-appointed Monitorship of HSBC – the most comprehensive Monitoring assignment ever awarded by the Department of Justice – Exiger is entrusted with evaluating the effectiveness of internal compliance controls used by the $2.7 trillion banking institution across approximately 6,000 offices operating in nearly 70 countries around the world.In addition to its Monitorship work, Exiger guides a wide range of clients around the world through the process of managing the worst-case scenario compliance challenges and implementing the programs they need to prevent them in the future.
Want to learn more about Exiger? Visit Exiger's website.
File hosting service