- Deploy, improve, and maintain highly available systems and services on both traditional servers and cloud infrastructure services. (AWS GovCloud, IBM Cloud).
- Maintain and build systems following infrastructure-as-code principles. Tools we use include Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins, Nexus, Git.
- Get involved in projects, learn and suggest new solutions, and be challenged to find creative new solutions or build your own.
- Participate in an on-call rotation, including off-hours and holidays. We focus on continuous improvement and fixing the root cause of issues.
- Set, maintain and raise a level of technical excellence within the team and across the other engineering teams.
Knowledge and Skills
- Very comfortable with all aspects of running applications and infrastructure services on Linux servers and containers (Ubuntu, Amazon Linux, RHEL).
- Solid understanding of network architecture and security in a cloud environment (VPCs, subnets, security groups, firewalls).
- Experience managing and configuring SQL and NoSQL databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis) and clusters (tuning, backups, replication).
- Some proficiency with designing and troubleshooting scalable web services and applications, message queues (ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, Kafka), proxies and load-balancers (Nginx).
- Write clean, modular and maintainable code in a scripting language (Shell, Python) and configuration language (Terraform, Ansible).
- Familiarity with container schedulers (Kubernetes) and related security best practices.
- Follow infrastructure as code principles and automate all stages of the application lifecycle.
- Ensure that all infrastructure, services and applications have comprehensive monitoring, metrics and log collection (ELK, Prometheus).
- Understanding of disaster recovery strategies including multi-region deployments, RTO, RPO.
Never before has the balance between business opportunity and regulatory risk been so tenuous. Exiger addresses this challenge head-on by developing sustainable compliance programs that meet today’s strict regulatory requirements while acknowledging that businesses cannot afford to play it safe. In a world where the fastest path to driving shareholder value is to expand into developing – often high-risk – economies, Exiger helps financial institutions, multinational corporations, and governmental agencies pursue their strategic goals with the confidence that regulatory change will not alter their course.Exiger was formed by a group of leading authorities on financial crimes compliance to solve some of the most complex problems confronting business today. The firm arms financial institutions and multinational corporations with the practical expertise and tools they need to prevent breaches in compliance, respond to risk intelligence, remediate gaps and monitor ongoing business activities.Initially launched to lead the court-appointed Monitorship of HSBC – the most comprehensive Monitoring assignment ever awarded by the Department of Justice – Exiger is entrusted with evaluating the effectiveness of internal compliance controls used by the $2.7 trillion banking institution across approximately 6,000 offices operating in nearly 70 countries around the world.In addition to its Monitorship work, Exiger guides a wide range of clients around the world through the process of managing the worst-case scenario compliance challenges and implementing the programs they need to prevent them in the future.
Want to learn more about Exiger? Visit Exiger's website.
If you're passionate about trading & technology, you'll find success.