Do you love data, technology, and problem solving? Join us at Factual, where we’re hard at work organizing and optimizing the world’s location information. Our team is focused on cleaning, structuring, and delivering our dataset of over 100 million places. To make our goals a reality, we end up taking on unusual problems with small, focused teams made up of highly motivated people.
Our Data team is seeking an Associate Data Scientist to help us ensure we deliver the highest quality Global Places product on the market. In this role, you will investigate and solve complex data quality and delivery problems. You will acquire new data sources and contribute to our data processing software. You will author specifications for new tools and help manage technical projects. In short, you’ll work on everything from experimental data science to wild west data wrangling.
At Factual, we cultivate multidisciplinary engineering teams. Everyone is comfortable with wrangling data, but we expect each individual contributor to bring a unique skill or expertise to the table. You should be a fast-working, highly-focused individual who pays strong attention to detail, shows great leadership and organizational skills, and gets things done.
- You are comfortable with data analysis, wrangling, and curation
- You have a degree in a quantitative field with coursework in statistics (e.g. Math, Linguistics, Physics, Chemistry, Engineering)
- You feel at home on the command line and with text processing
- You are eager to learn new technologies and skills in data processing and analysis
Baseline Skills (these are required):
- 1+ years of full-time work experience or domain-relevant internships
- Proficient with Unix commands and Ruby/Python scripting
- Familiar with regular expressions, DOM/CSS/HTML, parsing JSON, and information extraction
- Experience in reporting, analytics and databases
Specialized Skills (you need expertise in at least one of the following):
- Experience with implementing machine learning pipelines
- Experience with Spark or MapReduce
- Experience with SQL and/or querying MongoDB or Solr Indexes
Please include a cover letter!
About us We at Factual believe that data should be accessible to every developer, entrepreneur, business, or organization – anyone who needs it to build a better app, provide a better search result, make smarter software – anyone who needs data to make a better decision or help others make better decisions. Today, Factual focuses on making location data accessible to the mobile world. Factual’s data about places across the globe reveals a deeper understanding of people based on their geographic behavior. For more information, visit http://www.factual.com.
Want to learn more about Factual? Visit Factual's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Data Scientist
CarGurus, Cambridge, MA
Ad Operations Coordinator
Enterprise Data Analyst
Addepar, Mountain View, CA
Data Scientist, Envoy
Enigma, New York, NY
Ad Ops Optimization Manager
MyFitnessPal, Austin, TX
Insight Health Data Science Fellows Program - Boston
Insight Fellows Programs, Starting June 4, 2018: Final Applications Due March 26 - Boston