At Factual we love all things data! Our mission is to organize and optimize the world’s location information. As a BI Data Engineer, you will have the opportunity to craft and influence the direction of our products and propel the growth of our business. You will design schemas, import (ETL) processes; establish proper indexing or data warehousing approaches to power insights and analytics. You will be crafting metrics, aggregations, and sampling techniques from our massive data repositories to help answer critical business questions that will guide product and investment decisions.
You are passionate about using your programming and data wrangling expertise to build data tools that will help analytics team answer product and business questions. You have strong engineering experience and enjoy working in a rapidly changing environment. And most of all: you ship.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with a range of partners and team members to understand and finalize their business requirements for reporting and data aggregations
- Design, develop and maintain analytical databases based on business requirements
- Design, develop and test ETL, and ELT data workflows from a variety of big and small data sources.
- Perform hands on implementation and maintenance of production ETL processes.
- Write and tune SQL and other types of queries to support internal customer requests
- Support ad-hoc data analysis requests
- Audit quality and repair data from data sources for accuracy
What we’re looking for:
- 4+ years of industry experience maintaining production data warehouse and ETL pipelines and using data analytics to tackle business problems
- Understanding of database structure, design, theories and principles
- Experience with Grafana, ELK, or Solr
- Expertise with at least one of Python, Scala, or Java
- Experience with Spark or MapReduce is a plus
- Willingness and ability to wrangle messy data
- Degree in Computer Science preferred
- Experience working independently solving a variety of business problems.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Deep knowledge and hands-on experience with SQL is a must-have requirement
About us We at Factual believe that data should be accessible to every developer, entrepreneur, business, or organization – anyone who needs it to build a better app, provide a better search result, make smarter software – anyone who needs data to make a better decision or help others make better decisions. Today, Factual focuses on making location data accessible to the mobile world. Factual’s data about places across the globe reveals a deeper understanding of people based on their geographic behavior. For more information, visit http://www.factual.com.
Want to learn more about Factual? Visit Factual's website.
Jobs You May Like
Sr. Android Developer
moovel North America, Portland, OR
Backend Engineer (Ruby/Rails)
Circle Medical, San Francisco Bay Area
Pivotal Software, San Francisco
Software Test Engineer
Qualtrics , Dublin
Principal Front-End Engineer
Domino Data Lab, San Francisco
Android Engineer Intern - OfferUp - Summer 2018
OfferUp, OfferUp HQ - Bellevue, WA