At Factual we love all things data! Our mission is to organize and optimize the world’s location information. As a Data Scientist, you will have the opportunity to shape and influence the direction of our products and propel the growth of our business. You will collaborate with a diverse team of software engineers and data analysts to optimize our current machine learning models and pipelines while also developing creative, data-based solutions. You will be working on many different projects, ranging from scoring the popularity of a place at a given time to pairing anonymized geolocation data with real-world place visits.
You are passionate about using your programming, data wrangling, and analytical expertise to drive product and business decisions. You are a skilled communicator that will provide thought leadership on metrics, features, and products to teams across the company. You have strong engineering experience and enjoy working in a rapidly changing environment. And most of all: you ship.
What you’ll do:
- Build models to solve a wide range of location data problems
- Design experiments and work with fellow engineers to ensure thoroughness and correctness on a variety of analyses
- Use and commit to our data processing software and frameworks
- Author specification and lead technical projects
- Propose creative strategies based on data-driven insights
What we’re looking for:
- 4+ years of industry experience maintaining production machine learning pipelines and using data science to solve business problems
- Deep understanding of machine learning concepts and algorithms - particularly classification, clustering, and supervised learning.
- Expertise with Python/Scala/Java
- Familiarity with distributed programming with Spark or MapReduce
- Applied knowledge of Statistics (we really value people who can handle uncertainty and variance)
- Willingness and ability to wrangle messy data
- An advanced degree in a quantitative field (Math, Statistics, Computer Science)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Cover letters will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
About us We at Factual believe that data should be accessible to every developer, entrepreneur, business, or organization – anyone who needs it to build a better app, provide a better search result, make smarter software – anyone who needs data to make a better decision or help others make better decisions. Today, Factual focuses on making location data accessible to the mobile world. Factual’s data about places across the globe reveals a deeper understanding of people based on their geographic behavior. For more information, visit http://www.factual.com.
Want to learn more about Factual? Visit Factual's website.
Jobs You May Like
Sr. Engineer, Machine Learning Infrastructure - Toronto (NOC 2173)
Etsy, Toronto, ON
Applied Scientist (Geospatial)
Descartes Labs, Santa Fe, NM or San Francisco, CA
Data Scientist, Marketing
Coursera, Mountain View, CA
Senior Data Scientist
Wheelhouse, San Francisco, CA
Senior Electrical Engineer
Postmates, San Francisco
Sr. DevOps Database Engineer
Box, Redwood City Office