At Factual we believe that context drives an evolved mobile experience. Our Places Data, Geopulse, and Location Engine products provide contextual relevance to drive user experience, engagement, and intelligence through real world understanding. Delivering these services requires a complex and robust suite of infrastructure, data, and software products.
In this role, you will be the technical, savvy, scrappy, and organized technical product manager to drive quality and innovation in our Places data. Our Places product has both internal and external customers, fundamentally powering all of Factual’s other products. You should have demonstrable knowledge of both technology and geospatial data. Examples of this include: mapping and navigating data or services, end-to-end data pipelines, and search platforms. This position will report to the CTO and is located in our Los Angeles office.
You will be an owner of making the Places product successful - constantly assimilating findings from internal teams and the location data ecosystem. You will help guide the Product Roadmap for Places at Factual, a global data set of every “place” (currently 52 countries and ~120 million entities), as well as interact with a robust customer base of internal product managers who rely upon your product as well as large enterprise (Apple, Facebook, Uber, Bing, Snap), and brand advertising customers.
You will be keenly aware of how the product is performing (data quality, customer feedback, new prospects, stability, scalability), constantly shape prioritization of various features and projects to accelerate high impact improvements, act and think independently, track and analyze all components of the data asset, and drive integration with stakeholders.
You will work closely with our engineering team to understand the details and impact of design decisions and trade offs, pushing to efficiently organize resource allocation and deliver against a committed roadmap.
You are metrics driven and effective at making tough decisions with limited data.
You are scrappy and capable of understanding open data and mapping projects, hunting down, analyzing, converting, and querying important resources like census data, health grades, open polygon datasets, and so on.
Other relevant aspects of the role:
- Encourage agile with a small "a"; push relentlessly to get early versions of products & features out to early adopters for short feedback cycles. You understand and love that your colleagues want to see their work get put to use.
- You are technical enough to work directly with engineers, generally understand the code, and make technical choices like API structure, variable names, customer-facing schema, and so on.
- Experience as a product manager, small company entrepreneur, or as a hands on engineer, ideally using location data
- Critical thinking, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to write concise and useful requirements, documentation, white papers, opinion pieces, blog posts, and other pragmatic-and-well-considered contributions to the product.
Nice to haves:
- Working knowledge of mobile technologies and SDKs
- Knowledge of open source and open data
- A preference for the Oxford comma
Please include a cover letter with your resume. Include links to your blog, Github, Twitter, etc. or other public sources where we can learn more about your ideas, code and enthusiasm.
About us We at Factual believe that data should be accessible to every developer, entrepreneur, business, or organization – anyone who needs it to build a better app, provide a better search result, make smarter software – anyone who needs data to make a better decision or help others make better decisions. Today, Factual focuses on making location data accessible to the mobile world. Factual’s data about places across the globe reveals a deeper understanding of people based on their geographic behavior. For more information, visit http://www.factual.com.
Want to learn more about Factual? Visit Factual's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer
Rapid7, Cambridge, MA
Formlabs, Somerville, MA
Director, Global Supply Management
Glossier, New York, NY
Director, Product Marketing
Managed By Q, New York, NY
Product Manager - Cloud Services
HashiCorp, Remote USA
Director of Product Management
Komodo Health, New York City or San Francisco