At Factual, we help people leverage our high quality location data through tools for anyone who wants to uncover new insights, enrich a product, engage an audience, or understand through analysis. Design plays a crucial role in creating these tools that help people understand and get work done at organizations ranging from smaller startups and agencies to larger companies such as Amazon, Snapchat, Facebook, Adobe, Google DoubleClick, and The Trade Desk.
We’re looking for a UI/UX designer who loves making complicated data and workflows simple. You’ll be taking our data and mobile personalization products to create intuitive and elegant experiences around them. You’ll be responsible for taking products and features from early concepts and low-fidelity wireframing through prototyping, iterating based on feedback, working with engineers on implementation, and measuring the outcome of your work. Designers at Factual are key collaborators - you’ll work with multiple internal teams, including product management, engineering, sales and marketing, and you’ll interface closely with Factual customers to solicit feedback and test your designs.
Note: Please include a link to a portfolio or samples of your past work. If there is a password, please include that in your resume or cover letter.
- Gather and synthesize feedback from multiple constituents (users, customers, product managers, sales, engineers) to design new features and interfaces for Factual’s products
- Iterate on designs and drive product features from concept through final implementation and polish, working with product managers to prioritize and develop time commitments
- Create user flows, wireframes, and pixel-level mockups to define simple and intuitive experiences for users
- Develop and implement product measurement and success processes
- Constantly re-evaluate and iterate on product interfaces based on feedback and measured performance bottlenecks.
- A portfolio or samples of your recent past projects and work.
- Experience designing and shipping web-based products and interfaces (bonus points for projects requiring complex data visualization).
- Ability to clearly articulate and justify your design decisions.
- Knowledge of best practices in interaction design.
- Strong sense of visual design, including typography, color theory, and illustration.
- Expertise with Sketch, Figma, or similar UI design tools
- Demonstrated technical ability or experience working as a designer in a highly technical environment.
- Experience with some common server-side frameworks and languages (Rails, Node, etc.).
- Experience with some common client-side libraries and frameworks (React, Angular, Bootstrap, etc.).
About us We at Factual believe that data should be accessible to every developer, entrepreneur, business, or organization – anyone who needs it to build a better app, provide a better search result, make smarter software – anyone who needs data to make a better decision or help others make better decisions. Today, Factual focuses on making location data accessible to the mobile world. Factual’s data about places across the globe reveals a deeper understanding of people based on their geographic behavior. For more information, visit http://www.factual.com.