Factual’s “Front Team”, our small band of full-stack developers, is looking to add a senior level contributor & mentor. The Front Team works out of Factual’s Century City headquarters. We’re responsible for the public facing applications of Factual including our public APIs and customer facing products & tools.
Here’s what your first year with us looks like:
- Drive Forward: Products to build, features to add, systems to hone, breakage to un-break. Your horsepower will have impact and be highly visible across the company.
- Decisions: Make high-level decisions on our technology and processes. The kind that keep you up at night wondering if you made the right call. (Angular or React... Elastic Search or Solr... Upgrade to Rails 5 this quarter or next… When to do that big migration to Postgres?) Win or lose, you're accountable for the decisions you make and that’s a big deal.
- Standards: It’s a topsy turvy, PoC, MVP, have-you-shipped-it-yet world. Still, you want to do things the right way — teamwork; planning; risk management; high cohesion & loose coupling; clean code; usability; fun. You’ll help us draw the lines... and hold them.
- DevOps / Deploy: Release early & often; blue-green; rollout switches. Modernize and modularize with hotness like Docker & Marathon. Push us to make things better.
- Monitoring: You must know what’s going on with your products, systems, and users. Wield proven tools like Riemann and the ELK stack. And whatever else you think will get the job done.
- Mentorship: We're a diverse team, ranging from just-out-of-college to long-time-veteran. We all have more to learn. Teach us what you know.
We're looking for someone who is primarily hands-on, with a CS or STEM degree from a competitive school or comparable skills and experience at a highly selective company. You’ve worked on projects with interesting challenges that ranged throughout the stack, operated at scale, were actively measured, and mattered to your users... and you have the scars to prove it.
Crucial to your survival on the Front Team:
- A healthy appreciation of the phantasmagorical full-stack world
- An ability to thrive on a lively ambitious team
- A willingness to lead from the front
- A driving desire to Get Things Done
Aaron, at Factual since 2008
Arvin, joined us full time in the Summer of 2017 after graduating from UCLA
Enyu, joined us full time in the Summer of 2016 after graduating from UCLA
Forrest, started back in 2008
Hao (a.k.a., “HH”), been at Factual since 2008
Joe, joined us full-time in the Summer of 2016, out of UCLA
Steven, joined us full-time in the Summer of 2016, out of Cornell
Sarah, been at Factual since 2015
Sarah, joined us full-time in the Summer of 2016, out of Harvey Mudd
Read what people are saying about us on Glassdoor.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About us We at Factual believe that data should be accessible to every developer, entrepreneur, business, or organization – anyone who needs it to build a better app, provide a better search result, make smarter software – anyone who needs data to make a better decision or help others make better decisions. Today, Factual focuses on making location data accessible to the mobile world. Factual’s data about places across the globe reveals a deeper understanding of people based on their geographic behavior. For more information, visit http://www.factual.com.
Want to learn more about Factual? Visit Factual's website.
Jobs You May Like
Infrastructure Engineer, London, UK
Smarkets, London, UK
Senior Software Engineer - SaaS
Acquia, Toronto, CAN
Thumbtack, San Francisco
Director, Autonomous Driving
SF Motors, Santa Clara
Software Test Engineer
Qualtrics , Seattle
Senior Software Engineer, Backend
Change.org, San Francisco, CA, USA